Table of Contents
Scholarship for Particularly Involved International Students
The scholarship is within the framework of the DAAD program, STIBET, the International Office awards scholarships to particularly involved students from funds provided by the Federal Foreign Office. These scholarships are targeted to international students at RWTH Aachen, who distinguish themselves by involving with an international context in their course of study at the university.
The scholarship will award a monthly stipend of £300 for the duration of six months during the summer semester
To be Eligible
RWTH Aachen students that meet the following requirements can apply for the scholarship award;
- Applicants must be completing a full degree program at RWTH and have foreign citizenship.
- Applicants must also be considered “Bildungsausländer,” meaning that they must have earned their university entrance qualification at a non-German school abroad.
- Applicants must have studied for at least two semesters at RWTH Aachen and have a very good academic performance thus far
- Applicants must characterize themselves through outstanding international work at RWTH Aachen aside from their studies
- Applicants must demonstrate intercultural skills, as well as German and English skills Involvement in an international context, can include, for example, mentoring international students as a body or involvement with initiatives and associations with an international focus.
RWTH Aachen students who meet the following requirements cannot apply for the scholarship;
- Students that will finish their studies in the following academic year
- Exchange students or only briefly studying in Aachen
- Students enrolling for the German course only
- German citizens
- Students with all German university entrance qualifications either at a school in Germany or a German school abroad
- Students not currently at the university, for example by completing an external practical period, a final thesis with a company, or a stay abroad
How to Apply
The application date is between the 1st of May to the 31st of May.
The following documents are to be submitted to the online portal; https://www.rwth-aachen.de/go/id/bdlg?lidx=1&mobile=1#aaaaaaaaaaagofr
Application form with a statement of motivation and description of involvement
- Current certification of your social involvement throughout your studies
- of enrollment
- Transcript of records
- A recommendation letter from an RWTH university teacher or departmental advisor
- A copy of the passport and a copy of the residence permit, if applicable
- If you have a part-time job, including as a student assistant, you must submit a copy of your work contract. If your employment is terminated at the beginning of, or during, the scholarship period, or the number of working hours changes, proof of this must be submitted.
- Applications that are incomplete or submitted past the deadline will not be accepted
- Application documents must all be submitted online in a single PDF file.
- Any documents submitted by email or in paper form will not be accepted.
For more information on the scholarship award and easy access to the application form, visit the official website via; https://www.rwth-aachen.de/go/id/bdlg?lidx=1&mobile=1#aaaaaaaaaaagofr