ESTU International Students Academic Merit Scholarship
New international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree are eligible for the International Students Academic Merit Scholarship. Only half of in-state and out-of-state tuition and maintenance expenses are covered by the scholarship. There are no additional fees or costs reimbursed.
The prize is available for the following:
• For undergraduate recipients, eight semesters are available.
• For recipients seeking a master’s degree, five semesters are required, or the length of the program.
• For Ph.D. candidates, eight semesters are required, or as long as the program requires.
• Summer semesters are eligible for the scholarship.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
Application Deadline: 15th October 2020
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
Studied at: East Tennessee State University, USA
Number of scholarships: Not specified
What are the benefits?
Undergraduate students: $12,500
Graduate students: $11,500
• Recipients must continue to work full-time.
• To keep the scholarship, undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75-grade point average. A 3.0 GPA is required of graduate recipients.
• Only in-state and out-of-state tuition and maintenance expenses are covered by the scholarship. Other fees, such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs, will be expected of recipients.
• Recipients who wish to continue their education beyond a bachelor’s degree must reapply for the grant.
Eligibility: Applicants Must:
• Be accepted as a full-time, degree-seeking student at ETSU. Before their scholarship applications may be reviewed, scholarship applicants must apply for admission to ETSU.
• Have an F-1 or J-1 student visa or plan to get one
• Have a sure record of academic excellence
• Complete the scholarship application.
• Students should apply as soon as they have been accepted to ETSU.
How to Make an Application
Students are encouraged to apply for scholarships as soon as they have been accepted to ETSU.
• Applicants who meet the scholarship requirements will be notified of their prize in their acceptance letter.
• Within three weeks of the date on the admissions letter, students who desire to accept the scholarship must complete and submit a scholarship acceptance form.
• In the admissions letter, eligible applicants will find a link to the online scholarship acceptance form.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage https://www.etsu.edu/honors/international/internationalstudentscholarships/ for Details