Table of Contents
East Tennessee State University International Students Scholarship
International Students Academic Merit Scholarship
The East Tennessee State University International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is available to eligible new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree.
- Apply for admission to ETSU undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 Visa information, J-1 Visa information).
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
All international students who apply for admission to the university are considered for the scholarship. Upon admission, applicants who meet the following criteria will be offered the scholarship automatically:
- Minimum 3.0 high school GPA on the US 4.0 scale (freshman applicants)
- Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA on the US 4.0 scale (undergraduate transfer applicants and graduate applicants)
- Applicants who qualify for the scholarship will receive notice of the award and how to accept it, in the admissions letter. Students who wish to accept the scholarship must complete and submit a scholarship acceptance form within three weeks from the date on the admissions letter.
Scholarship Value per School Year
Undergraduate students: $12,500
Graduate students: $11,500
Award Terms and Conditions:
Undergraduate students: up to 8 semesters provided the minimum eligibility requirements are maintained.
Graduate Students: Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
The scholarship may not be combined with other scholarships that cover tuition and fees costs (Creative Arts, Honors in Discipline, Grad Assistantship, Graduate Tuition Scholarship, Government funding, Fulbright grants, etc)
The scholarship only applies to in- and out-of-state tuition. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, meal plans, and medical insurance costs.
Other conditions as outlined in the Acceptance Form.
Students Ineligible for the Merit Scholarship:
- Students pursuing a second Bachelor’s or a second Master’s degree
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Students applying for the M.D. and PharmD programs
- Students who are not in lawful F-1 or J-1 status
For questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org