CLAY FORD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Welcome to myscholarshipbaze, We will proceed straight to the CLAY FORD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION details and guidelines.
CLAY FORD SCHOLARSHIP ARE BASICALLY MEANT FOR THE MINORITIES
Minorities are defined in 288.703(4), F.S. as a lawful, permanent resident of Florida who is:
(a) An African American, a person having origins in any of the black racial groups of the African Diaspora, regardless of
(b) A Hispanic American, a person of Spanish or Portuguese culture with origins in Spain, Portugal, Mexico, South America,
Central America, or the Caribbean, regardless of race.
(c) An Asian American, a person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, the Indian
Subcontinent, or the Pacific Islands, including the Hawaiian Islands before 1778.
(d) A Native American, a person who has origins in any of the Indian Tribes of North America before 1835, upon presentation
of proper documentation thereof as established by rule of the Department of Management Services.
(e) An American woman.
Applications must be postmarked by June 1st of the year in which the scholarship will apply.
CLAY FORD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION Eligibility Criteria:
1. Applicants must be enrolled as full-time students in a fifth year accounting program as defined in Section 473.306(2), F.S., at an
approved institution as defined in Rule 61H1-27.001, F.A.C., and declared a major in accounting. (See below)
2. Financial need-defined as cost of attendance less the expected family contribution and any gift aid. Gift aid is defined as grant or scholarship money, which does not have to be paid back. Cost of attendance includes direct educational costs (tuition, supplies, and computer) and indirect costs (room and board, transportation, laundry, childcare and personal expenses).
3. Must be a minority as defined in 288.703(4), F.S.
4. Applicants must be of good moral character (See Rule 61H1-38.004(5), F.A.C.).
5. Must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 based on a scale of 4.0.
6. Must be academically in good standing as defined by the College or University.
7. Must be a Florida Resident.
5th Year Accounting Eligibility Requirement
HOW TO APPLY FOR CLAY FORD SCHOLARSHIP
1. Enter your social security number in xxx-xxx-xxxx format. For instance, 000-00-0000.
2. Enter your date of birth in Month-Day-Year format. For instance, 08-17-1975.
3. Check the appropriate box relating to your gender.
4. Answer “Yes” if you are a permanent resident of Florida and “No” if you are not.
5. Enter your last name, first name, middle initial, and suffix. For instance, Doe, John K. Jr.
6. Enter your street address, city, state, and zip code. For instance, 1111 1st Street, Christmas, Florida 12345
7. Enter your phone number and mobile number area code first. For instance, (111) 111 – 1111.
8. Check the appropriate box relating to your minority designation.
9. Enter the name of each college or university that you attended, the name of the degree program and concentration you
were/are enrolled, the date you received your degree (enter an anticipated date if you have not graduated) and your GPA.
10. Answer “Yes” if you have completed 120 semester hours or 180 quarter hours with a concentration in business and
accounting as Pursuant to Rule 61H1-27.002(3) and “No” if you have not.
11. If you answered “No” to the previous question, enter the date in which you anticipate enrolling in your fifth year of an
accounting education program. For instance, 01/06/2017.
12. A 3/2 program is a program that a student enrolls in that awards both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree. If you are
unsure of your status, please check with your university/college. Answer “Yes” if you are enrolled in a 3/2 program.
Otherwise, answer “No”.
13. Use caution when answering the background question. Unless your records have been sealed or expunged, you are required to answer “Yes” to this question if you have ever been convicted or found guilty of a crime.
Additionally, if you plead no contest or guilty to a crime, even if the adjudication was withheld by the court, you are still required to answer “Yes” to this question.
Your answer to this question may be checked against local, state and federal records.
Failure to answer this question accurately may result in the denial or revocation of your application.
If you do not understand the background question, consult with an attorney or contact the department. If answering yes to this question, please include separate statement giving full details.
14. Sign and date the application
15. Enter your first name, last name, and the name of your institution in the release at the bottom of the page.
DOWNLOAD FORM HERE FILL IT AND SUBMIT
Provide the registrar’s office with the Registrar’s Form for completion
Provide the financial aid office with the Financial Aid Form for completion.
Submit you application, the registrar’s form, the financial aid form, official copies of your transcripts, your 500-word essay, and a copy of your Student Aid Report together in one envelope to the following address:
Florida Board of Accountancy
Attn: Clay Ford Scholarship
240 NW 76th Drive, Suite A
Gainesville, FL 32607