WAEC Christian Religious Studies questions & Answers 2020
The Waec crk answers to 2020 questions released. The West African Examination Council (WAEC) CRK exam is scheduled for Wednesday, 2nd September starting by 9:30 am to 12:30 pm. The Waec Crk exam comprises of Paper II & I (Essay & Objective).
The Waec Crk questions and answers below on Christian Religious Knowledge have been provided to assist candidates understand the required standards expected in WAEC Crk SSCE Examination.
Note that below is the questions from WAEC Crk past questions and answers that we feel are likely questions for exam preparation, The main questions and answers for 2020 is out. Click on the link above to see it
WAEC CRK Questions & Answers 2020:
PAPER 2 [Essay]
Answer any …. questions.
Write your answers on the answer booklet provided.
SECTION A: THEMES FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT
1. Genesis 1:1-31
(a) Narrate the dreams of Pharaoh
(b) In what three ways did the interpretation of the dreams affect Joseph and his people?
2. Exodus 3, 4: 1-17
(a) Describe the call of Moses
(b)Mention three excuses Moses gave against the call.
3. 1Kings 16:29 – 33,18:1-19
(a) Give an account of the meeting between Elijah and Obadiah.
(b) What two lessons can be learnt from the encounter?
ANS: Points include (i) The introduction of Baal worship in Israel by Jezebel Ahab’s wife.
(ii) This brought famine to Israel for three and half years.
(iii) Obadiah’s the man in charge of Ahab’s household fed one hundred prophets of God.
(iv) While Obadiah was searching for water, he met Elijah.
(v) He asked Obadiah to report his presence to the king.
THEMES FROM THE FOUR GOSPELS AND THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES
5. 1st Peter 5:5-11
(a) Highlight Peter’s teaching on Humility.
(b) Identify any three qualities of a humble person.
6. Matthew 4: 1 -11
(a) Give the account of the temptation of Jesus as recorded in Matthew’s Gospel.
(b)State three points of significance in this story.
THEMES FROM THE SELECTED EPISTLES
8. Galatians 3: 23 – 2 (l, 4: 1-7)
(a)With reference to the book of Galatians, state any six factors that make unbelievers become children of God.
(b)In what three ways can Christians retain their status as children of God?
9. Romans 12:3-8
(a) What was Paul’s counsel concerning the use of spiritual gifts in the Church?
(b) List three ways in which spiritual gifts are misused today.
10. 2Cor 9:1-15
(a) Highlight the teaching of Paul on Christian giving as contained in Corinthians.
(b) In what two ways can people benefit from giving?
ANS: Some vital points are:
(i) The gifts sent to Paul were fragrant offering, a sacrifice pleasing and acceptable to God.
(ii) That God would provide for their needs according to His riches and glory.
(iii) He was proud and boasted of the gifts to the Macedonians.
(iv) Paul said he who sows sparingly will reap sparingly and visa versa.
11. 2Thess. 3:6-15
(a) Give Paul’s teaching on “dignity of labour” in Thessalonians.
(b) What four lessons can be derived from this teaching?
12. James 2:14-26
(a) Highlight James’ teaching on faith and works.
(b) What two lessons can Christians learn from this teaching?
WAEC GCE CRK Objective Questions:
PAPER 1 [Essay]
Answer ALL questions in this section.
Shade your answers on the answer sheet provided.
1. The wives of David who were taken captives by the Amalekites were ____
A. Adnah and Ahiah
B. Ahinoam and Abigail
C. Abijah and Abiasaph
D. Adaiah and Adalia.
2. Where were Achan and all the members of his family stoned and burned to death because he stole the devoted things of God? They were killed at the valley of _______
A. Hebron B. Achor C. Jordan D. Jezreel.
5. When Nehemiah heard that the walls of Jerusalem have been broken down and the gates destroyed by fire, what did he do?
A. wept and mourned for many days
B. continued fasting and praying before God
C. confessed the sins of the people of Israel
D. blamed the people of Israel for forsaking God.
6. The lions in the den did not hurt Daniel because _______
A. God shut the mouths of the lions
B. Daniel was the servant of the living God
C. God found Daniel blameless before him
D. God sent his angels to protect Daniel.
7. Why did Isaiah in his vision describe the Israelites as the rebellious children of God?
A. Israel was a sinful nation
B. Israel worshipped other gods
C. they were offspring of evil doers
D. they were people laden with iniquity.
8. Jesus condemned the tradition of “Corban” because it _____
A. was a term of abuse in Israel
B. meant that one should not swear
C. contradicted one’s obligation to parents
D. they were people laden with iniquity.
9. In the Sermon on the Mount, who did Jesus say will inherit the earth? He meant the ______
D. pure in heart.
10. “Go for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and Kings and sons of Israel.” These were the words of God to _______
A. Hannah B. Ananias C. Barnabas D. Paul.
11. What reward will those who forgave men who sin against them receive from God?
A. they will receive a crown of life
B. God will forgive them of their sins
C. they will enter into God’s Kingdom
D. Christ will also forgive them.
12. According to Luke, Jesus sent the seventy others on missions as _____
A. labourers and reapers
B. lambs in the midst of wolves
C. preachers of the kingdom of God
D. messengers in the vineyard.
13. “Master, it is well that we are here, let us make three booths, one for you, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” According to Luke, Peter made this statement because _______
A. the place was good for habitation
B. they have no home to live in
C. the son of man had no home of his own
D. they were exceedingly afraid.
14. Who did King Nebuchadnezzar make king in his stead in Jerusalem?
A. Jehoachim B. Mattaniah C. Zedekiah D. Jeremiah
15. Who among the Kings of Israel invented the instrument of music? He was _______
A. Saul B. David C. Solomon D. Jeroboam
16. Who accused the four Jewish youths maliciously before the king for not worshipping the golden image in Babylon? They were accused by the ____
A. Chief eunuch B. King’s guard C. Chaldeans D. Chief Servant
17. “Ah, Lord God! Behold, I do not Know how to speak for I am only a youth.” The statement was made by prophet _______
A. Amos B. Isaiah C. Ezekiel D. Jeremiah.