Table of Contents
UCLA Alumni scholarship 2023
ALUMNI SCHOLARS CLUB
Welcome to myscholarshipbaze, we will feed you the full details on the UCLA Alumni Scholarship, Students who receive the UCLA Alumni scholarship automatically become members of the Alumni Scholars Club (ASC). Under the umbrella of the UCLA Alumni Association, ASC functions like a student club but with many more professional development opportunities. These include general quarterly meetings, alumni mentorship, community and UCLA service projects, mixers and social activities, career and leadership workshops, and networking opportunities with alumni.
ASC VISION FOR UCLA Alumni scholarship 2023
To unite and utilize the talents of Alumni Scholars in order to fully embrace service, leadership, and community by adopting PIECES, the organization’s strategic goals:
- Promote opportunities unique to the UCLA Alumni Association.
- Identify and promote service programs to Alumni Scholars.
- Encourage a strong social bond among Alumni Scholars.
- Create productive relationships with alumni.
- Encourage leadership among Alumni Scholars.
- Support scholarships for the education of promising students.
In 1976, the UCLA Alumni Association founded ASC as a support group for students who had received Alumni Association scholarships. ASC originally focused on social activities to foster community among like-minded students.
Today, ASC coordinates a variety of student development programs in conjunction with the UCLA Alumni Association. The club’s executive board develops and implements projects with support from more than 200 active ASC volunteers. It has redefined its purpose to show that student support goes beyond the monetary contribution of the scholarship.
- Freshman Alumni Scholarships: $6,000-$20,000 paid over 4 years
- High school seniors applying to UCLA are eligible for a Freshman Alumni Scholarship. Applicants should have strong academic merit and leadership experience in extracurricular activities and community service. Additional need-based grants are available to students who applied for FAFSA.
- Community College Transfer Student Scholarships: $6,000 paid over 2 years
- Transfer students with a minimum 3.75 GPA and the equivalent of 90 UC-transferable quarter units are eligible for an Alumni Scholarship. Applicants should demonstrate strong academic merit and leadership experience in extracurricular activities and community service.
- Lew & Edie Wasserman Grant: Award up to $5,000
- The Lew & Edie Wasserman Grant awards additional need-based funding for Alumni Scholars who have completed their first, second, or third year at UCLA. Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and have applied for FAFSA.
- Academic counseling from the Division of Honors for first-year students
- Alumni Mentor Program matches students with a UCLA graduate who can provide valuable career advice, academic guidance, and personal development
- Leadership development opportunities are available to Alumni Scholars through various service opportunities or programs such as LeaderShape. Or apply to become an ASC coordinator or executive board member.
- Photocopying, computer, and printing privileges at the James West Alumni Center for Alumni Association members. An annual fee applies.
- Support from Alumni Association staff, including a full-time advisor, to assist with campus programs and services.
- Social networking in person with fellow Alumni Scholars through social activities and community service events.
- Philanthropic opportunities to give back to the Alumni Scholars Club to strengthen the resources available for continued student development.
Visit alumnischolarsclub.org for announcements and opportunities.
- $6,000 to $20,000 – paid in equal installments over 4 years
- Supplemental Questions
- Select any quote about leadership, and share how it relates to your core principles.
- You’ve just written a 200-page autobiography. Send us page 165.