Rotary-UNESCO IHE Scholarships for Water and Sanitation Professionals
Through this partnership, a limited number of scholarships are awarded annually for graduate students at IHE Delft Institute for Water Education’s campus in the Netherlands.
These scholarships are designed to promote long-term productive relationships between Rotarians and highly skilled water and sanitation professionals in their communities.
Rotarians interview and select from local candidates who have already been admitted to one of IHE Delft Institute for Water Education’s eligible 18-month Master of Science degree programs.
The specializations of the following IHE Delft MSc programs are eligible for a 2019-2021 Rotary Scholarship:
- Water Management and Governance
- Urban Water and Sanitation
- Water Science and Engineering
Joint specializations of these programmes are not eligible.
Sponsor Rotarians maintain contact with the scholar throughout his or her studies. After completion of the program, the scholar and sponsor Rotarians partner on a water-related activity in the scholar’s home country.
Rotarians in the Netherlands involve the scholars in local cultural and Rotary-related events during their academic program. The financing of the successful candidates will be managed through Rotary’s Global Grant process.
Recipients of this scholarship will benefit from the support they receive through regular contact with sponsor Rotarians from their home country and the opportunity to interact with Rotarians in the Netherlands.
Rotary alumni constitute an extensive network of Rotary scholarship recipients and Rotarians worldwide. Becoming involved with a local Rotary club and the alumni association allows scholars to stay connected to Rotary’s global community and resources.
- Students admitted to IHE Delft Institute for Water Education’s eligible programs can be nominated by a local Rotary Club in their home community by submitting the application form for a scholarship to the Rotary/IHE Delft committee in the Netherlands, together with the student’s resume and the IHE Delft admission letter.
- Only fully completed application forms submitted by the sponsoring Rotary Club will be considered.
- You can consult this website to find your nearest Rotarian club: https://my.rotary.org/en/search/club-finder
- Only specializations of the following IHE Delft MSc programs are eligible for a 2019-2021 Rotary Scholarship: Urban Water and Sanitation, Water Management and Governance, Water Science and Engineering.
In the document: 2021 Rotary Scholarship for Water and Sanitation Professionals at IHE Delft – application form, you will find more information on the application process and the terms and conditions.
This document is also the application form, which needs to be submitted by e-mail to the Rotary/IHE Delft committee in The Netherlands.
Application procedure in short:
- You apply for admission for one of the IHE Delft eligible Master programme before the dead line.
- You search for your nearest Rotarian club
- You approach them and ask them if they will nominate you for a Rotary scholarship
- The application form needs to be completed by you and by the Rotary Club
- After full completion the sponsoring Rotary Club submits your application to the Rotary/IHE Delft selection committee in The Netherlands before the given date
- After the selection all candidates will be informed about the outcome before 1st July.
How to Apply
- For more information and scholarship application details, see; application details, see; Rotary-UNESCO IHE Scholarships for Water and Sanitation Professionals