Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Programme
The Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Programme provides education opportunities for the academically meritorious and financially needy young students from IDB member countries and non-IDB member countries.
The programme enables them to pursue a tertiary, undergraduate or first-degree study, masters, PhD or post-doc in university and to train them in specified fields in order to improve their social and economic conditions.
It also helps them preserve their cultural and religious identities and make a meaningful contribution to the development of their communities and countries.
Scholarship Programme funds all fields of study and is fully funded.
The IDB Scholarship is tenable at any recognized government or private universities in the students’ own countries but if not possible, the students may be sent to IDB member countries which participate in the Programme.
The Programme is open for academically meritorious students with strong desire to engage in social services and community development after graduation. The prospective candidate must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Citizens of any of the IsDB member countries or Muslim communities in non-member countries
- Completed senior secondary education (or the equivalent of approximately 12 years of education) with good grades in major subjects.
- Not in receipt of any other scholarship at the time of application and during studies under the IsDB scholarship programme.
- Be medically fit and willing to undergo medical tests after selection.
Selected students must obtain an admission only from one of the universities listed among the top (10) universities in each country.
Obligations Candidates granted the Scholarship are expected to:
1. Sign a Surety Bond stating their commitment to their studies, their return to their countries upon completion of their studies and service their communities and countries;
2. Commit to cover, after the completion of his study, either the cost of the first year of his/her master’s degree. In this case, the IsDB will support him/her by covering the cost of his/her 2nd year master degree or related cost of the first year’s study for a new Undergraduate student from the same community he/she belongs to.
3. Devote themselves to their studies on a full-time basis and without interruption and provide the IsDB with reports on their academic studies and activities on a regular basis;
4. Seek or accept no other scholarship or remunerated work during their studies under the Programme which may interfere with their studies or make fulfillment of their other obligations difficult unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the IsDB;
5. Respect the laws of the country of study and maintain good personal and professional conduct consistent with the rules, regulations and objectives of the Programme and the overall mission of the IsDB.
For more details and application, visit; Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Programme