Table of Contents
Education for Sustainable Energy Development Scholarships (ESED)
The purpose of the ESED scholarship is to support outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
The Scholarships are made available to outstanding students from developing countries and economies in transition, for a period of up to two years at the Masters’s and Post-Doctoral levels.
The Education for Sustainable Energy Development Scholarships considers an outstanding student to be one:
- Who graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of her/his class
- Who is determined to advance her/his knowledge and understanding
- Who has a history of community involvement
- Who is committed to sustainable energy
- Who is committed to returning and contributing to her/his home country?
Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must;
- Plan to undertake studies at the Masters level or Post-Doctoral level in areas directly related to sustainable energy development
- Be citizens of the developing countries and territories identified for OECD official development aid in the DAC List of ODA Recipients effective as of 2006
- Scholarships of US$ 23,000 per year for up to two years are offered for Masters’s level students.
- Scholarships of US$ 30,000 per year for up to two years are offered for Post-Doctoral students.
- Up to two Post-Doc and ten Masters scholarships will be awarded annually.
All applicants must provide:
- Proof of citizenship. Refer to the country’s eligibility requirements.
- Letter of acceptance from an approved academic institution to undertake studies in sustainable energy development
- Copies of transcripts for degrees and final grades
- Curriculum Vitae
- The application Form is fully completed
- Two letters of reference, one academic and one personal.
- You are responsible for contacting the references
Scholarship Application Deadlines:
Applications for the Post-Doctoral program must be received by the ESED General Secretariat by December 1st.
The scholarship applications should be completed online.
Follow the links below for more details and scholarship application contacts.
For more information and scholarship application, visit: Education for Sustainable Energy Development Scholarships Website