UK Government Global Scholarship Programme 2022
The UK Government’s Global Scholarship Programme is a scholarship programme for international students who have the aim of studying in the united kingdom
If you happen to be among those that have been searching for answers to [how to get a scholarship in the UK, UK scholarships for international students 2022, undergraduate scholarships for international students in the UK, full scholarships for international students in the UK, then you can see that you are not the only one.
Nonetheless, you shall get all the information you have been searching for right here on this blog or in our subsequent articles which can be found by clicking here.
Without wasting further productive time, let’s head to the topic UK Government’s Global Scholarship Programme 2022
Chevening Scholarships are offered under the prominent scholarship scheme which was commenced in 1984 as the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Awards Scheme (FCOAS).
This scholarship programme was started to enable global leaders to study in the UK. Global Chevening scholars move to the UK to study for one year at the Master’s level.
This scholarship programme is funded by the UK Government’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations,
The Chevening Secretariat administers the awards on behalf of the FCO. Each year students from 144 countries having leadership qualities are welcomed to pursue their postgraduate studies in the UK.
Two types of awards are offered by Chevening, i.e. Scholarships and Fellowships.
The awardees are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
Chevening scholarships are offered for postgraduate studies whereas Chevening Fellowships are offered to mid-career professionals for tailored short courses at UK universities.
Each year Chevening offers a distinctive opportunity to global future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers to cultivate professionally and educationally network by building lasting positive relationships with the UK and also to experience UK culture.
The number of scholarships varies from country to country. There are approximately 1,500 Chevening Scholarships on offer globally for the 2018/2019 academic cycle.
Where more than thirty scholarships are currently awarded to candidates from India and China and Twenty or more to candidates from Egypt, South Korea, Indonesia, Pakistan, Mexico and Brazil very few to Australia and Canada.
These postgraduate scholarships allow students from developing nations to access British tertiary education institutions.
This is somehow itself a great opportunity to pursue higher education in the UK institutions, some of which are of a very high standard as determined by international rankings.
A number of universities, governments and private sector organizations globally have teamed up with Chevening to build bridges between worldwide countries to enhance education and prepare global leaders.
A Chevening Scholars is expected to have at least two years’ work experience (or equivalent) prior to applying for a scholarship.
Applicants have to select three courses carefully as you won’t be able to change them after submitting your application.
Eligibility Criteria For Chevening Scholarships
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship applicant must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have at least two years’ work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement
Chevening Scholarships’ Offer
A full Chevening Scholarship award normally comprises:
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- a thesis grant
- a grant for study materials
- a study travel allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
Things To Remember
- You can’t apply for a Chevening Award if you have previously received funding from another UK government scholarship programme.
- Chevening Alumni are not eligible to apply for a further scholarship.
- You must hold a degree at the time of application.
- You can only apply to the country programme where you have citizenship rights.
- You can only submit one application.
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country page.
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK Master’s course choices
Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
-English language (if already met the requirements)
-UK Master’s university offer (if already met the requirements)
The objective of the Chevening Scholarships programme is to provide cultural, social, political, and sporting experiential learning and networking opportunities for scholars outside of their academic responsibilities.
To apply now, go through the Chevening website.
For more scholarships from the UK government, click here