Table of Contents
UK University of Essex Africa Scholarship Programme
If you’re an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
If you are from any of the following countries, please check the academic requirements below to see if you could be eligible.
- CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- CGPA 3/5 or above
Other member states of the African Union
- 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
You will also be considered for this award if you are a national of an African nation and you have a degree:
- from a recognized UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- from a recognized university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) from any of the following countries:
UK University of Essex Africa Scholarship Eligibility
You must meet all of the following conditions.
- be classified as an international student for fee purposes
- be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union)
- be entirely self-funding your studies
- be a graduate of any African country or any of the countries specified in the Terms and Conditions below
- for 2020-21 entry: be applying for a full-time taught Masters course starting in 2020-21 (excluding MBA)
- meet the academic criteria in the table above
UK University of Essex Africa Scholarship Full details
Please read the full terms and conditions before applying for or accepting a scholarship or bursary. They contain important information about eligibility, how you’ll receive your funding, and whether this award can be combined with others or not.
Adobe PDF File(161K)
How to apply
We’ll assess your eligibility based on the information that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. You don’t need to complete an application form.