Welcome to myscholarshipbaze, we will feed you the full details on UCLA Alumni scholarship, Students who receive UCLA Alumni scholarship automatically become members of the Alumni Scholars Club (ASC). Under the umbrella of the UCLA Alumni Association, ASC functions like a student club but with many more professional development opportunities. These include general quarterly meetings, alumni mentorship, community and UCLA service projects, mixers and social activities, career and leadership workshops, and networking opportunities with alumni.
ASC VISION FOR UCLA Alumni scholarship 2021
To unite and utilize the talents of Alumni Scholars in order to fully embrace service, leadership and community by adopting PIECES, the organization’s strategic goals:
- Promote opportunities unique to the UCLA Alumni Association.
- Identify and promote service programs to Alumni Scholars.
- Encourage a strong social bond among Alumni Scholars.
- Create productive relationships with alumni.
- Encourage leadership among Alumni Scholars.
- Support scholarships for the education of promising students.
In 1976, the UCLA Alumni Association founded ASC as a support group for students who had received Alumni Association scholarships. ASC originally focused on social activities to foster community among like-minded students.
Today, ASC coordinates a variety of student development programs in conjunction with the UCLA Alumni Association. The club’s executive board develops and implements projects with support from more than 200 active ASC volunteers. It has redefined its purpose to show that student support goes beyond the monetary contribution of the scholarship.
- Freshman Alumni Scholarships: $6,000-$20,000 paid over 4 years
- High school seniors applying to UCLA are eligible for a Freshman Alumni Scholarship. Applicants should have strong academic merit and leadership experience in extracurricular activities and community service. Additional need-based grants are available to students who applied for FAFSA.
- Community College Transfer Student Scholarships: $6,000 paid over 2 years
- Transfer students with a minimum 3.75 GPA and the equivalent of 90 UC-transferable quarter units are eligible for an Alumni Scholarship. Applicants should demonstrate strong academic merit and leadership experience in extracurricular activities and community service.
- Lew & Edie Wasserman Grant: Award up to $5,000
- The Lew & Edie Wasserman Grant awards additional need-based funding for Alumni Scholars who have completed their first, second, or third year at UCLA. Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and have applied for FAFSA.
- Academic counseling from the Division of Honors for first-year students
- Alumni Mentor Program matches students with a UCLA graduate who can provide valuable career advice, academic guidance and personal development
- Leadership development opportunities are available to Alumni Scholars through various service opportunities or programs such as LeaderShape. Or apply to become an ASC coordinator or executive board member.
- Photocopying, computer and printing privileges at the James West Alumni Center for Alumni Association members. Annual fee applies.
- Support from Alumni Association staff, including a full-time advisor, to assist with campus programs and services.
- Social networking in person with fellow Alumni Scholars through social activities and community service events.
- Philanthropic opportunities to give back to the Alumni Scholars Club to strengthen the resources available for continued student development.
Visit alumnischolarsclub.org for announcements and opportunities.
- Read the Scholarship Criteria & Important Information provided by leadership.
- Submit the Alumni Scholarships Compliance Agreement (PDF).
- Complete and log 30 hours of Renewal Service.
- Attend one Alumni Scholarship Event.
- Fulfill Units and GPA Requirement (PDF).
BENEFITS OF BEING AN ALUMNI SCHOLAR
Being an Alumni Scholar is more than just receiving a scholarship. Scholars are involved in campus events and organizations, increase their connections to the university, build their leadership skills at UCLA and stay involved as alumni. Benefits include:
- Membership in the prestigious Alumni Scholars Club (ASC)
- Access to cutting-edge leadership development programming
- Alumni-to-student mentoring
- Networking opportunities with UCLA alumni
- Eligibility to receive additional need-based funding”
*Additional need-based grants are available to students who demonstrate financial need as determined by the Alumni Scholarships Program and the Financial Aid Office. You may receive up to $5,000 for your first year in addition to your merit scholarship award.
- $6,000 to $20,000 – paid in equal installements over 4 years
- Supplemental Questions
- Select any quote about leadership, and share how it relates to your core principles.
- You’ve just written a 200 page autobiography. Send us page 165.