Last Updated on
Peter F Vallone Academic Scholarship
welcome to myscholarshipbaze, here on this post we will give details about the Peter F Vallone Academic Scholarship for 2020, how to apply, how to know when one gets the scholarship, eligibility criteria and the application link.
so first we will like you to know a bit about the scholarship you would want to apply.
What is the Peter F Vallone Academic Scholarship?
The Peter F. Vallone Academic Scholarship (formerly known as the New York City Council Merit Scholarship) rewards New York City high school graduates who have proven their ability to succeed academically while they were in high school.
Scholarship awards may vary for each academic year but are typically $400 per semester.
Who may qualify for a Vallone Scholarship?
To qualify you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be a resident of New York City
- Graduate from a New York City high school with at least an 80 College Academic Average (CAA) average
- Have passed at least twelve college preparatory courses in high school
- Enroll at a CUNY college as a full-time student within one year of graduating from high school
- Register as a full-time student each semester (except summer) and maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Attend CUNY before attending any other post secondary institution.
How do I apply?
There is no separate application for the scholarship. You are automatically considered for the award when you apply for admission to CUNY.
However, we recommend that you submit a FAFSA and TAP applications so that you have a chance to be considered for all the types of financial aid that are available.
How long can I receive the Vallone Scholarship?
If you are pursuing an associate’s degree, you may receive the Vallone Scholarship for a maximum of 6 semesters.
If you are pursuing a bachelor’s degree, you are limited to 8 semesters of eligibility.