Table of Contents
Danish state scholarships for non-EU/EEA students
Aarhus University is a public research university located in Aarhus, Denmark. It is the second largest and second oldest university in Denmark. AU is a dynamic, modern and highly international university. Since its founding in 1928, it has grown to become a leading public university with international impact and reach across the entire research spectrum.
Aarhus is a great place to study and a great place to work. AU offers all the practical support and guidance you need to feel at home here. For students, the International Centre offers a full induction and introduction programme as well as professional, friendly support and guidance throughout your time at AU.
For researchers and PhD students, Aarhus University offers a full range of services to make your transition to the university as smooth as possible. At AU, classes are taught by active researchers in an informal, stimulating atmosphere. All degree programmes are deeply rooted in the latest research and are subject to a rigorous quality assurance programme to ensure they meet the highest global quality standards.
Aarhus University is offering a limited number of scholarships to the most talented applicants from outside Europe from all over the world.
The scholarship award varies in different scholarship
- In some cases, the scholarship is a full or partial tuition waiver.
- In other cases, the tuition waiver includes a monthly grant towards living expenses, typically but not always for the duration of your Master’s degree programme.
- Some faculties only offer tuition waivers. In this case, the faculty may be able to offer other relevant services to its tuition waiver recipients, e.g. assistance in searching for a relevant student job.
- Please note that if you are offered a tuition waiver only, it is a requirement for obtaining a student residence permit that you have sufficient funds to be able to support yourself financially during your stay in Denmark.
Type of scholarship
- Faculty of Arts: Tuition fee waiver + monthly grant towards living expenses
- BSS: Tuition fee waiver + monthly grant towards living expenses
- Faculty of Natural Sciences: Tuition fee waiver
- Faculty of Technical Sciences: Tuition fee waiver
To be Eligible
- In selecting scholarship recipients, priority will be given to applicants with excellent academic qualifications.
- Due to the limited number of scholarships available, we are not able to able to offer a scholarship to all highly qualified applicants, unfortunately.
- Typically, only one or two scholarships are offered in each of our Master’s degree programmes. At some faculties, the strategic focus may be placed on selected degree programmes or applicants from specific countries.
How to Apply
Here are some tips to note before and when you apply:
- All applications are to be made and submitted online through the application portal (link below)
- The application has been divided into different sections where you get to supply;
- Your personal information
- Your Educational Background
- Your desired Master’s Programme
- As well as other relevant information
- Applicants are advised to prepare the necessary information and documents that will be required, this information may vary depending on the applicant’s personal and educational background and the study programme they wish to apply.
- Also, make sure you check the specific admission requirements that apply to your desired Master’s Programme
- Consult the recommendation checklists and do well to upload all relevant information and documents
- Do well to prioritize your Applications
- Make sure to submit your application before the due date. The application deadline is on the 15th of September 2022.
- Please Note that you cannot make changes to an application that has been submitted, but the application can be open for the upload of further documentation.
- Applicants are allowed to apply for up to three Master’s degrees at Aarhus University and prioritize their applications.
- Any additional applications will be rejected.
Visit the application website via; https://kandidat.au.dk/en/admission/scholarships-and-grants for more information on the scholarship and access to the application form and procedures.