Table of Contents
Visby Programme scholarships for master
The Visby Programme offers scholarships to a large number of master’s programmes starting in the autumn semester of 2023.
Eligible Master’s Programmes AT Swedish Institute Visby Programme Academic Year 2023/2024
However, only programmes related to a number of subject areas are prioritized. Kindly see the priorities below.
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2019 – 15 January 2020.
- Apply for an SI scholarship between 10-20 February 2023, following the instructions below.
An estimated 60 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s degree studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester of 2023. Usually, around 6-8 % of the applicants are awarded a Visby Programme scholarship. The number varies between countries and genders, although there are no quotas for any specific countries or genders.
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees: pay directly to the Swedish university by us
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 5,000/academic year
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members
- Application fee to University Admissions
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The tuition fee will be paid directly to Swedish universities at the beginning of each semester. The stipend for living expenses is paid monthly during the scholarship period.
The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can the scholarship be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded master’s programme.
Scholarship holders enrolled in one-year master’s programmes (60 credits) may apply for a monthly grant of SEK 10,000 to pursue an unpaid internship in Sweden or in their home country. The internship may last for a period of up to 5 months beyond the ordinary scholarship period.
Do not hesitate to ask questions in the comment box or check out other opportunities you can see on our website. You can subscribe with your email so we can notify you always about our new posts and opportunities. Do not miss out.