Table of Contents
The University of Adelaide Global Citizens Scholarship 2021-2025
This scholarship is awarded to international students commencing an undergraduate or postgraduate program who have received academic merit in their previous studies.
About the University of Adelaide
Adelaide University is a world-class university, continuously ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide. Here we will challenge and inspire you, give you the very best academic preparation to achieve in your chosen discipline, and equip you with the knowledge and skills to make a real difference. It is also said to be a great city for international students. It has a bustling, energetic city center and is renowned for its festivals, cultural life, and sporting events.
Adelaide is a vibrant city that ranked 3rd most liveable city in the world in 2021 (Economist Liveability Index).
Adelaide offers great opportunities for staying active and you will find many venues hosting world-class sporting events such as the Australian Football League (AFL), the Ashes cricket test series, and the Adelaide International tennis tournament.
Students can join a range of sporting and social clubs at the universities, such as Adelaide University Sport and UniSA Sport, which offer great opportunities to develop a network of friends and become involved in the university community. A variety of soccer clubs and other informal student groups have been developed to suit students who don’t wish to commit to a full sporting program.
The following is the list of awards to be awarded to the selected merit scholars;
The scholarship offers a reduction of between 15% and 30% of the tuition fee for the minimum standard duration of the scholar’s chosen undergraduate or postgraduate degrees. Commencing an undergraduate qualification
- 12 overseas students with a minimum ATAR equivalent of 80 for a 15% scholarship.
- 12 overseas students with a minimum ATAR equivalent of 90 for a 30% scholarship. Commencing a postgraduate qualification
- Point average (GPA) of a minimum of 5.0/7 or equivalent to receive a 15% scholarship.
- Point average (GPA) of a minimum of 6.0/7 or equivalent to receive a 30% scholarship.
To be Eligible
Applicants that meet the following requirements will be considered for the scholarship award;
- Available for students commencing in the period between 2021-2025
- for commencing direct-entry international undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students, including those who are required to undertake a Pre-Enrolment English Program (PEP) prior to their degree commencement
- minimum GPA score
- to citizens of any country (except Australia and New Zealand)
- for study in any discipline (exceptions apply).
- Have a University of Adelaide offer of admission (full or conditional) as a full-fee-paying international student.
The following applicants are not eligible to receive these scholarships:
- University of Adelaide students who are transferring from one program to another prior to successful completion of their program of study (internal transfers)
- who are recipients of a scholarship covering above 50% of tuition fees awarded by a recognized scholarship awarding body such as a government ministry or department
- for Masters by Research or Ph.D. programs?
- for certain programs
Please visit the official website to see the scholarship terms and conditions for a list of excluded degrees(link below).
How to Apply
No separate scholarship application form is required. There will be no necessary application for the 2021-2025 University of Adelaide Global Citizens Scholarship. The scholarship will be automatically awarded to students who meet the eligibility requirements above during the college application. The scholarship will be confirmed at the point of acceptance.
Scholarships are open throughout the year but applicants are advised to finalize their admissions process as early as possible to allow enough time for them to apply for a visa and prepare for their studies.
For more information on the scholarship, please visit the official website; https://international.adelaide.edu.au/admissions/scholarships/global-citizens-scholarship-2021-2025