Table of Contents
Rhodes Global Scholarship- University of Oxford
The Rhodes Scholarship is the oldest (first awarded in 1902) and could be their most prestigious international scholarship program, which helps outstanding and excellent young people from all over the world to study at the University of Oxford.
The Rhodes Trust, based at the University of Oxford, brings together and develops exceptional people from all over the world, and in all fields of study, who are impatient with the way things are and have the courage to act.
This scholarship runs for post-graduate Programmes which include Masters and Ph.D. level programs. All full-time postgraduate degrees at the University of Oxford are open for the Rhodes Scholarship and all International Students are eligible.
Rhodes Global Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship and the scholarship will cover the following;
- All University and College fees
- The University application fee
- A living stipend (£15,144 per annum)
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
- The tenure of the Scholarship is two years, only to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. Upon application process, the Scholarship may be extended for a third year for those who take a recognized route to the DPhil (Ph.D.).
- Nationality/citizenship: Eligibility to any other Rhodes Scholarship renders you ineligible to apply for a Global Scholarship, i.e. if you are eligible to apply via any existing Rhodes Constituency, you must apply there. Please also see the information online regarding inter-jurisdictional consideration – it may be in your interest to pursue that route rather than to apply for a Global Scholarship, which will likely be the most competitive Scholarships offered by the Rhodes Trust.
- Age: Upon 1 October 2020, you must meet either of the below criteria:
- You must be at least 18 and have not reached your 24th birthday (i.e. you must have been born after 1 October 1996 and on or before 1 October 2002).
- OR (for older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual)
- You must have not reached your 27th birthday (i.e. have been born after 1 October 1993) AND you have met or will meet the requirements for completion of your first degree on or after 1 October 2019.
- Academic achievement: You must have completed (or will have completed by June / July 2021) an undergraduate degree with a First Class or minimum GPA minimum of 3.70 out of 4.0 (or equivalent). Please note carefully the requirements for your chosen course at Oxford, which may be higher still. Successful candidates typically feature within the top few ranks of their graduating classes.
- English language: You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.
How to Apply
Applicants will not be able to submit their application for the Global Scholarship without prior nomination by your University (I.e you must have been nominated by your University before your application can be submitted). Each university has a limited number of nominations that can be submitted every year. You must register the most appropriate nominator through the application form. Once the applicants’ nomination has been received, you will be permitted to submit your form. You can apply online from 01 June every year at the Application page through the scholarships tab.