Table of Contents
Global Academic Excellence Scholarship (International) 2021-2025 (Australia)
The 2021-2025 University of Adelaide Global Academic Excellence Scholarship (International) is a highly competitive award that rewards commencing undergraduate and postgraduate coursework international students who have demonstrated academic excellence in previous studies.
About Adelaide University
The University of Adelaide was established in 1874 and is home to over 29,000 students and 3,000 staff, all striving to create progress for the community and for all. It is a university of outstanding quality ranked among the top 1% globally in the heart of Australia’s most liveable city. The University of Adelaide made a habit of breaking new ground. They were the country’s first university to welcome female students. The first to offer degrees in science and business. The first is with a conservatorium of music.
Public transportation in Adelaide is a cost-effective and efficient travel method throughout the city and the greater metropolitan area. You can catch a train, tram, or bus across Adelaide at student-discounted prices and some trams and buses in the city are free of charge. Easily accessible from Adelaide by car or public transport, you will find many destinations worth exploring in South Australia. From breathtaking nature in the Flinders Ranges in the north to the most beautiful scenery and wildlife experiences on Kangaroo Island in the south. There are incredible experiences to be made during your stay in Australia.
Each faculty will award only two scholarships with a 50% reduction in tuition fees to the applicants the faculty.
To be Eligible
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the scholarship award;
- For students commencing in the period between 2021-2025
- For commencing direct-entry international undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students, including those who are required to undertake a Pre-Enrolment English Program (PEP) prior to their degree commencement
- Open to citizens of any country (except Australia and New Zealand)
- Available for study in any discipline.
- The academic eligibility selection process for The 2021-2025 University of Adelaide Global Academic Excellence Scholarships is competitive, with academic achievement forming the main basis for scholarship selection. As a general guide, the University of Adelaide will consider applicants who have achieved an academic level on par with the following
- Undergraduate programs: Raw ATAR of 98 OR it’s equivalent
- For postgraduate coursework programs: A GPA of 6.8 out of 7 OR its equivalent.
- The following applicants are not eligible to receive these scholarships
- University of Adelaide students who are transferring from one program to another prior to successful completion of their program of study (internal transfers)
- who are recipients of a scholarship covering tuition fees awarded by a recognized scholarship awarding body such as a government ministry or department
- for Masters by Research or Ph.D. programs?
- for certain programs
- Please visit the official website to see the scholarship terms and conditions for a list of excluded degrees (link below).
How to Apply
No separate scholarship application form is required. There will be no necessary application for the 2021-2025 Global Academic Excellence Scholarship. The scholarship will be automatically awarded to students who meet the eligibility requirements above during the college application. The scholarship will be confirmed at the point of acceptance.
For more information on the scholarship, please visit the official website; https://international.adelaide.edu.au/admissions/scholarships/global-academic-excellence-scholarship-2021-2025