Last Updated on
American Trucks Student Scholarships
Two (2) scholarships for $2,500 each are awarded biannually (2 scholarships total) to students who are currently enrolled full-time in a secondary vocational school, technical institute, building trades industry, or are high school seniors who are enrolled in one of the aforementioned institutes. One (1) scholarship will be awarded for the fall semester and one (1) scholarship will be awarded for the spring semester each year by American Trucks Student Scholarships.
american trucks scholarships Details
- At American Trucks Student Scholarships we are passionate about our mission to Serve the Community that supports us. We’ve recognized a growing trend in the building trades industry. Educational programs are receiving a lot of attention from national leaders and it’s our goal to be involved in a meaningful way.
- With that in mind, we are pleased to offer two (2) $2500 scholarships to students pursuing a career in the traditional building trades such as HVAC, carpentry, electrical, or related fields of study.
- One (1) scholarship will be awarded for the fall semester, and one (1) scholarship will be awarded for the spring semester each year.
american trucks scholarships Eligibility
- The American Trucks Scholarships Program is open to students who meet one of the following criteria:
- 1) Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited United States technical institute, 2/4 year college/university with program in construction management, secondary vocational school (Votech) or tuition bearing apprenticeship program in the traditional building trades (e.g. carpentry, HVAC, electrical or related fields of study). Students pursuing certificate programs or apprenticeship programs are also welcomed to apply.
- 2) Currently attending high school and will be attending an accredited school in the next academic year to one of the aforementioned programs.
Note: All scholarship applicants are required to submit proof of enrollment* when submitting applications with the button on this page.
*Proof of enrollment can be anything from a screenshot of current/upcoming class schedule, to a letter from an administrator confirming your enrollment on the school’s letterhead.
How to Apply
- To apply, please write a 750-1500 word essay describing who you are and how you plan to use your education to contribute to a thriving community of trade workers who are dedicated to a hands-on approach to knowledge development.
- Scholarships should be emailed in PDF format or as a Microsoft Word document here along with proof of current enrollment as outlined above. here along with proof of current enrollment as outlined above.
- AmericanTrucks Scholarships are non-renewable; however, previous scholarship winners are eligible to reapply for future scholarship awards by writing and submitting a new essay. Entries are limited to one essay per student per semester..
- AmericanTrucks Scholarships are permanent, accepting submissions year-round as follows:
- Spring: By 12:00 pm on October 15
- Fall: By 12:00pm on June 15
- Note: Winners are notified by November 15th for the spring scholarship and June 15th for the fall scholarship. Awards are mailed directly to the school, or to the student directed as a tuition payment to the school.