Vancouver Island University Scholarships Canada is open for International Students The scholarship allows Multiple degree level scholarships level program(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Vancouver Island University The deadline of the scholarship is 31 Mar 2020.
The following scholarships are available for new international students to Vancouver Island University, at the undergraduate level.
Students are considered for scholarships at the time of admission, based on their submitted transcripts and application supporting documents. The standard deadline for admission to most VIU programs is March 31st, and scholarship selections are determined 6 weeks after this closing date. A separate application for scholarships is not required, as students will be automatically considered if they meet the scholarship criteria.
Please note upon the Scholarships and Awards Committee’s review, students can receive more than one entrance scholarship.
VIU World-Wide Entrance Scholarships
- Number: Maximum 20 each year
- Amount: $2,000 each
- Criteria: Provided annually to exceptional new long-term academic undergraduate student applicants (not one semester Education Abroad or Exchange students). Students who come to VIU for ESL with conditional acceptance into an undergraduate program will be considered for these scholarships. Awarded to up to 20 of the top applicants entering in the Fall semester based on entering grades from submitted transcripts. No application necessary.
British Columbia High School International Excellence Entrance Scholarship
- Number: Maximum 3 each year
- Amount: $1,000 per year for up to 4 years of Academic study
- Criteria: All International student applicants who have applied to attend VIU in their graduating year from a British Columbia High School with a Dogwood Certificate. Highest average in combined marks of English 12 (combined provincial and school mark), social Studies 11 and Math 11 (Principles or applications). Awarded as a tuition credit at Vancouver Island University in their second academic semester. No application necessary. Awarding of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year scholarships is dependent on retention of a GPA of 3 or better.
The High School at Vancouver Island University International Excellence Award
- Number: Minimum 2 each year
- Amount: $1,000 each
- Criteria: Awarded to international student graduates of The High School at Vancouver Island University recognizing outstanding achievement in their final academic year of studies. No application necessary, awarded as a tuition credit at Vancouver Island University.
VIU International Undergraduate Regional Scholarships
- Number: Seven each year
- Amount: $5,000 ($2,500 awarded for the first year of study and $2,500 for the second year)
- 2018 Regions:
- China – 1 scholarship
- India – 1 scholarship
- Eastern Europe/CIS* – 1 scholarship
- Africa – 1 scholarship
- Latin America – 1 scholarship
- ASEAN ** – 1 scholarship
- Open – 1 scholarship. The open scholarship is available to students from any nation outside of the countries already identified in the other Regional Scholarships.
- Criteria: The scholarships are awarded to International students applying for entry into the first year of an undergraduate academic program. The award is based upon the entered grades from submitted High School transcripts. No application is necessary.
* CIS Countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan).
** ASEAN Countries ( Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia, Brunei).