Zell Miller Scholarship in Georgia
Georgia’s Zell Miller Scholarship is available to Georgia residents who have demonstrated academic achievement. The scholarship provides money to assist students with the educational costs of attending a Zell Miller Scholarships eligible college located in Georgia
Eligibility for the Zell Miller Scholarships
Meet HOPE’s U.S. citizenship or eligible non-citizen requirements;
- Be a legal resident of Georgia;
- Meet enrollment requirements;
- Be in compliance with Selective Service registration requirements;
- Meet academic achievement standards;
- Be in good standing on all student loans or other financial aid programs;
- Be in compliance with the Georgia Drug-Free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990;
- Not have exceeded the maximum award limits for any HOPE program
Award Amounts for the Zell Miller Scholarships
The Zell Miller Scholarships award varies and depends on the type of institution you are attending and your specific hours of enrollment.
Students that meet all eligibility requirements, and are attending an eligible public college or university, receive a Zell Miller Scholarships award amount to be applied toward standard undergraduate tuition, up to a maximum of 15 hours, for the specific number of hours enrolled, whether full time or part-time.
Students that meet all eligibility requirements and are attending private colleges or universities, receive a Zell Miller Scholarships award amount to be applied toward standard undergraduate tuition up to a maximum of 12 hours, based on a half-time or full-time enrollment status.
The application deadline is the last day of the school term or a student’s withdrawal date, whichever occurs first. It is recommended that you submit your Zell Miller Scholarships application as early as possible; the earlier you apply, the earlier the funds are disbursed to your school and credited to your account.
Application Procedure and Deadline for the Zell Miller Scholarship
Students have two options when applying for the Zell Miller Scholarship:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or,
- Complete the online Georgia Student Finance Application (GSFAPPS) or printable paper GSFAPPS application.