VACANCY: University Librarian at Federal University, Gashua
Location: Gashua, Yobe
- In accordance with the relevant provisions of the Universities Act (No. 11) of 1993 as amended by the Universities Miscellaneous Provisions (amended Act of 2012), The University Council of Federal University, Gashua is inviting interested candidates with requisite qualifications and experience to apply for the post of the University Librarian which is vacant.
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library, its branches and extension and for providing library services for entire University community.
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and is the head of the University’s Library
- Candidate for the post should be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership;
- Must possess proven integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life;
- Must be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
Candidates for this post should:
- Possess a Ph.D in Library and Information Science from a recognized University, with at least fifteen (15) years working experience, ten (10) of which must be in a University system or twenty (20) years in other institutions of higher learning;
- Be a professionally qualified and practicing Librarian;
- Have a strong evidence of contributions to library and information field through research and publications in research journals
- Dissemination of knowledge through academic and professional activities
- Have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in reputable journals, as well as possess proven records of sound administrative leadership;
- Be registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN);
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
Salary and Condition of Service
- Salary and conditions of service of the University Librarian shall be as obtainable in Federal Universities in Nigeria
- Each application must be accompanied by not more than 500 words of vision statement of the candidate for the University in the twenty first century.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application accompanied by 25 copies of Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated by the candidates. The Curriculum Vitae must contain the following:
- Full Name
- Date of birth,
- State of origin,
- Marital status,
- Educational attainment,
- Professional and academic achievements and any other relevant information.
Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees. Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward direct to the Registrar, a confidential report in a properly sealed envelope marked: “Post of Vice-Chancellor – Referee’s Report” at the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
Each application must be accompanied by 25 printed copies of the statement of the candidate’s Vision for the University in the twenty-first century.
In the case of candidates identified by the Search Team, the application shall conform to the requirements in (i) to (iii) above, in addition to a letter of consent duly signed by the candidate.
All applications shall be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Federal University Gashua,