Table of Contents
Registrar at Federal University, Gashua
In pursuance of its drive to transform the Education Sector, the Federal Government had, in 2010, approved the establishment of twelve (12) new Universities in the six geopolitical zones of the country.
Location: Gashua, Yobe
- In accordance with the relevant provisions of the Universities Act (No. 11) of 1993 as amended by the Universities Miscellaneous Provisions (amended Act of 2012), the University Council of Federal University, Gashua is inviting interested candidates with requisite qualifications and experience to apply for the post of Registrar of the University which is vacant.
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day general administrative work of the University
- He shall be the Secretary of the Governing Council, the Senate, Convocation and Congregation of the University
- With such diverse scope of responsibilities, the Registrar is critical to the overall management of the University
- The successful candidate will be required among other things, to train and give professional leadership to all administrative staff so as to ensure efficient and effective administrative performance.
A candidate for the post must:
- Possess at least a Second-Class Lower Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities from a recognized University;
- Be proficient in IT and be current in deploying it at the level required for efficient job performance;
- Be a member of relevant professional bodies e.g. NIM, IPMN, ANUPA, CIA;
- Possession of higher Degree in relevant subject will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must have at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification experience in University administration or twenty (20) years in other institutions of higher learning;
- The applicant must be a Deputy Registrar in a recognized University for at least five (5) years.
- Candidate must not be older than sixty (60) years at the date of assumption of duty on appointment
- He should also be of sound health.
- The applicant should be an excellent manager of human resources and a team player
- He / she must be of sound judgment, pleasant disposition and proven integrity
- The position requires a person with good leadership qualities and public relations.
Tenure and Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years only
- Salary and other conditions of service including privileges and entitlements shall be as approved for Registrars of Federal Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application accompanied by 25 copies of Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated by the candidates. The Curriculum Vitae must contain the following:
- Full Name
- Date of birth,
- State of origin,
- Marital status,
- Educational attainment,
- Professional and academic achievements and any other relevant information.
Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees. Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward direct to the Registrar, a confidential report in a properly sealed envelope marked: “Post of Vice-Chancellor – Referee’s Report” at the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
Each application must be accompanied by 25 printed copies of the statement of the candidate’s Vision for the University in the twenty-first century.
In the case of candidates identified by the Search Team, the application shall conform to the requirements in (i) to (iii) above, in addition to a letter of consent duly signed by the candidate.
All applications shall be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Federal University Gashua,
The sealed envelope(s) containing the applications should be marked “Post of Vice-Chancellor” at the top left-hand corner and forwarded to reach the Registrar.