Table of Contents
The Zawadi Africa Education Fund
The Zawadi Africa Education Fund is a scholarship program developed to provide scholarships for the extraordinary academically gifted female child from financially disadvantaged backgrounds from Africa to further their education in the USA, Uganda, Ghana, South Africa, and Kenya with the hope of building them to give back to their community.
The Zawadi Africa Education Fund has over 80 partner institutions with over 400 students enrolled.
ELIGIBILITY criteria for Zawadi Africa Scholarship Program
To be eligible for the Zawadi Africa scholarship program, the following criteria must be adhered to;
- The candidate must have completed her secondary school examination e.g.The Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE)
- The candidate must demonstrate academic excellence (A Plain or A Minus)
- The candidate should demonstrate leadership qualities e.g. in school as a prefect, in the community, church, leadership in peer-related activities, etc.)
- The candidate must have overcome insurmountable odds such as serious financial challenges, oppressive social-cultural practices such as early marriages Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), etc. in order to attain academic excellence.
- The candidate must be from a financially disadvantaged background. That would be determined through their monthly income and expenses.
- The candidate must have demonstrated clear financial need
Application opens: Applications open in February and close in April of every year.
After acceptance into the Zawadi Africa Program, what do I need to know?
The Zawadi Africa Education Program takes the students enrolled in the program through a rigorous nine-month orientation period where the accepted student will be taught and prepared to apply to partner schools offering scholarships.
How can I locate the Zawadi Africa physical office(s)?
Zawadi Africa Education Fund-Kenya
Lenana Road, Kilimani
Cathy Flats, Suite No. 4
Zawadi Africa Education Fund-Ghana
DUES Club(Opp Cal Bank)
22 Independence Ave, Ridge
P.O. Box AN 12832 AN
For more information on the necessary things needed for the application, form to fill and how to apply, visit The Zawadi Africa Education Fund website on www.zawadiafrica.org