Table of Contents
The Puttick Scholarship for Virtual Production and Immersive Media
The Puttick Scholarship for Virtual Production and Immersive Media is named in honor of John and Gerri Puttick, whose generous philanthropic support enables digital dividends supporting the objectives of the QUT School of Creative Practice in research in innovative creative content.
The School of Creative Practice is committed to a research strategy to:
- lead research in emerging and immersive technologies relevant to the screen and stage industries
- produce highly skilled research graduates, who have the knowledge and skill sets required to conduct complex research, and innovative creative practice
- build a stronger focus on researchers within the University through dedicating ongoing resources to targeted research capacity building and productivity.
The scholarship is a special category for high-quality Master of Philosophy (MPhil) applicants of screen media (including the BFA and BCI) in the Faculty of Creative Industries, Education, and Social Justice.
As the scholarship recipient, you will have the opportunity to work with leading researchers in the School of Creative Practice to undertake your own innovative research and to gain an internationally recognized postgraduate qualification.
About Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
While the history of the educational institution spans as far back as 1849, it was the approval of its status as a university in 1989 that created the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) you know today. QUT is a university where researchers are fighting third-world malnutrition with golden-orange bananas, protecting the Great Barrier Reef with a robot and a tablet, and taking the lead in the search for life on Mars.
QUT believes that the future will be created by the innovators and entrepreneurs of today and so they develop entrepreneurial mindset and capability through programs, events, and mentoring to ensure the future is in good hands. QUT Entrepreneurship inspires and amplifies opportunities for students, staff, and alumni to realize their entrepreneurial capabilities. Through short learning programs and by connecting people across the entrepreneurial community, our award-winning programs empower the next generation of entrepreneurs
The scholarship will award a living stipend of $7,500 per annum for a duration of two years. This award or amount is tax-free for full-time students.
To be Eligible
Applicants must meet the following requirements before applying for this scholarship;
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements for a Master of Philosophy at QUT listed below;
- Applicant must have a completed recognized bachelor’s honors degree in a discipline relevant to your intended area of study or
- Applicant must have completed a recognized bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a discipline relevant to her intended area of study with relevant professional and/or research experience (as determined by the faculty).
- Applicants must have recently completed an undergraduate degree from QUT in a cognate discipline within the creative industries from either:
- creative practice (animation)
- creative practice (film and screen)
- Applicant must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) score of 5.0 or above (on QUT’s 7-point scale)
- Applicant must be able to take up the scholarship and begin full-time study preferably in February 2023, but before the end of July 2023
- Applicant must develop a research proposal that responds to and aligns with the emerging field of Virtual Production in the context of screen media. Specifically, you should be able to demonstrate knowledge and a passion for the convergence of digital animation, game design, and filmmaking
- Applicant must demonstrate excellent capacity and potential for research
- Applicant must be able to create an original creative work
How to Apply
The application starts on the 1st of July and ends on the 31st of October 2022.
- Interested applicants must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for consideration before applying for this scholarship, then see the QUT’s research degree application process listed below;
- You can apply for a research degree via the online application form.
- First, you’ll need to:
- make sure you meet the entry and English language requirements
- find a supervisor
- prepare your supporting documents
- complete your research proposal.
- Then you can submit your expression of interest (EOI) via the online form. If successful, you’ll receive an invitation to submit your final application. It usually takes between 6 to 8 weeks from submitting your EOI until you receive your admission outcome.
- If you’re applying in the annual scholarship round, it may take longer to receive your outcome. Make sure you check the eligibility and dates for applying for a research scholarship.
- When applying, indicate that you’re applying for this scholarship in your application in the financial details section of the application form in question 2.
- Successful applicants will be contacted directly.
For more inquiries or information on the scholarship, visit the Graduate Research Center via; email@example.com or the scholarship page via; https://www.qut.edu.au/study/fees-and-scholarships/scholarships/the-puttick-scholarship-for-virtual-production-and-immersive-media