Beijing Government Scholarship for Undergraduate, Masters & Doctoral International Students
- International and developing countries studentsTo be taken in (country):
Applicants may choose institutions and specialties from the Chinese institutions of higher education in the Beijing region.
Accepted Subject Areas:
- Courses offered at Chinese higher institutions in Beijing
The Beijing Government Scholarship (BGS) was established by Beijing Municipal Government, aiming to provide tuition fees fully or partially to the international students studying or applying for studying in Beijing.
Its administrative office is the International Cooperation and Exchange Office of Beijing Municipal Commission of Educations, which is in charge of project establishment, review, acceptance and daily management of the Beijing Government Scholarship Program.
The international students applying for the Beijing Government Scholarships shall normally submit relevant materials to the universities in Beijing that he/she hope to apply by the end of February every year.
Beijing Government Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
- Educational background and age limit
- Applicants for undergraduate studies in Beijing must have completed senior high school with good grades and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for Masters degree studies in Beijing must have Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35. Applicants for Doctoral degree studies in Beijing must have Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for advanced studies must have an undergraduate degree or be in the second year of a university course and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants for long term language study must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 60.
- Visiting scholar candidates in Beijing must have a Masters or higher degree or hold academic titles of associate professor or higher, and be under the age of 50.
- Requirement for the applicant’s language proficiency is based on the requirement of the academic programs and determined by the individual higher learning institution.
An applicant receives financial support from other Chinese government scholarship programs or organizations/agencies would not be eligible for the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students
Number of Scholarships: several
The Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students
only covers tuition fees. According to the applicants’ status, the allowance for scholarship students can be classified into 5 types:
- 40,000 RMB/year for a Doctoral degree
- 30,000 RMB/year for a Masters degree
- 20,000 RMB/year/ for a Bachelor degree
- 10,000 RMB/year for a Senior training or long term language program
- 5,000 RMB/year for Exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing.
Duration of Scholarships
- Applicants for Bachelor, Masters and Doctoral Degrees in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region: duration of scholarship should be under 4 years.
- Applicants for Chinese language training or relevant advanced studies in Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
- Scholars and international students for specialized training in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
- Exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
How to apply
- For specific application means, you can consult the government departments and relevant institutions responsible for dispatching students abroad in your country, Chinese embassies or consulates; or directly apply to the universities qualified to issue such scholarship in Beijing.
- Sponsors: Beijing Municipal Government – International Cooperation and Exchange Office of Beijing Municipal Commission of Educations
- For more information and scholarship application details, see; application details, see; Beijing Government Scholarships for Undergraduate, Masters & Doctoral International Students