Table of Contents
Chinese Government Scholarship-Belt and Road Program
The Chinese Government Scholarship is a scholarship set up by the Chinese government to facilitate students and scholars from all over the world to conduct their studies and research at Chinese universities. The scholarship was organized to increase the mutual understanding and friendship between the people of China and people from all over the world and to develop communication and cooperation between China and the rest of the world in the field of education, technology, culture, and economics.
Nanjing University was founded in the year 1902 and it is well-known for its strong academic portfolio and outstanding professors. Also, the University is one of the top 5 universities in China under the direct supervision of the Chinese Ministry of Education. Nanjing University is located in the heart of a historical city: Nanjing which is surrounded by beautiful scenery and has a picturesque environment and easily accessible transportation.
The scholarship award is up to RMB 2,500 for the bachelor’s degree and up to RMB 3,000 for the Master’s degree. The scholarship award has been broken into different sections as listed below;
- Allowance: As of the period of the scholarship, awardees will be provided with a monthly stipend.
- Tuition: Tuition fees for scholarship awardees will be waived.
- Health Insurance: An insurance fee of RMB 800/year will be offered to the students at the time of the scholarship, and they will be required to purchase the insurance accordingly.
- Lodging: Free lodging in the international dormitory of the university will be provided for the students during the entire period of the scholarship.
To be Eligible
Here is a list of requirements that are expected to be met before application and consideration for the scholarship;
- Bachelor’s program applicants should be older than 18, or younger than 25, and the age limit of the master’s program applicants is 35.
- The applicants’ nationalities should be on the list of the 64 countries along the Belt and Road.
- Bachelor’s program applicants must have completed their high school education, while the master’s program applicants should have obtained a bachelor’s degree.
- For the graduates to obtain their degrees, they should submit a pre-graduation certificate to guarantee that they have the competence to complete their studies and receive the diploma by July.
- For the bachelor’s program of Chinese Language-Business Chinese:
- Admission requirement: HSK level 5;
- Graduation requirement: HSK level 6.
- For the master’s program in Information Resources Management:
- Admission requirement: IELTS 6.0/TOEFL 85 or TOEFL Essentials 9 (The department code of NJU is C288)/Duolingo 100.
- Graduation requirement: HSK level 3.
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will not be accepted.
Students who have been granted other Chinese scholarships or funding are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply
Applicants are needed to make two online applications: one on the CSC website and the other at NJU’s China International Student Service System.
Here is a list of procedures to follow during the Application;
- Register and apply at the CSC website.
- After filling in the online application form (for Agency No., please fill in “10284”; for Program Type, please choose “B”)
- Then click the “submit ” button and download your application form.
- Register and apply at NJU’s China International Student Service System. (For the program type, please choose “CSC Scholarship”.)
The following documents will need to be uploaded are to be uploaded to the NJU’s China International Student Service System;
- CSC Scholarship Application Form
- Academic transcripts
- Certificate of your highest diploma
- Two recommendation letters from the teachers of the school you last attended (The referees for the master’s program applicants should at least be associate professors) ;
- HSK test certificate (for the applicants for the Chinese Language)/TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo test result (for the applicants for Information Resources Management);
- A detailed proposal for study and research in China;
- Medical certificate
- List of papers published in professional or scientific journals & representative papers or abstracts of articles (optional)
- The first page of your passport
- Certificate of non-criminal record
To begin your application and see other information on the scholarship, kindly visit the scholarship website via; https://hwxy.nju.edu.cn/_t486/91/d7/c6146a496087/page.htm