Chinese Government Scholarship–Bilateral Program (Type A)
The Bilateral Program is a full or partial scholarship supported by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China in accordance with the cooperation and exchange agreements or consensus reached by the Chinese government and the governments and institutions of other nations. The opportunity is open to undergraduates, postgraduates, and general and senior scholars.
Here is a list of the scholarship award to be awarded to the scholars;
- A waiver in Tuition and application fee
- Free accommodation
- Living allowance
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- Experimental expenses and basic internship expenses.
- International travel expenses are to be paid by the scholar
To be Eligible
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the scholarship;
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health both mentally and physically;
- Applicants must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
- Applicants must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
- Applicants must have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 4 when applying for Chinese- taught master or doctoral programs;
- Applicants who have passed HSK ( Level 5) or above can apply for major study directly, and those who have passed the HSK (Level 4) can apply to take Chinese language courses for one year first, then move on to the major study after meeting the requirement;
- Applicants must provide a report of the English Language Test when applying for English-taught master’s or doctoral programs (TOEFL 80+/IELTS 5.5+). Those who cannot offer the above-mentioned standard English test result can provide proof of their previous studying at an institution where the teaching language is English, and will be required to take additional oral or written English tests organized by Wuhan University. Native English-speaking applicants could be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate;
- Applicants for English-taught master’s program of clinical medicine should have passed HSK(Level 4) or above as well, and those who have passed HSK (Level 3) can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year, and then move on to their degree study after meeting the requirement.
- Applicant must not be holding any other scholarship.
How to Apply
Applications are to be made and submitted between January 1st and March 25 directly to Wuhan University.
Application guidelines/ procedure
The applicant’s steps have been listed below for an easy application to the applicants. Kindly follow these laid down steps;
Firstly, register and submit your online application at the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System at http://www.campuschina.org/. The code of Wuhan University is 10486. Please Choose -type B for the program category which refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under the Chinese Government Scholarship. After completing the online application, please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship”.
Next, register and submit your online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students at http://admission.whu.edu.cn. Please choose the Chinese Government Program as the source of funds. After completing the online application, then download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for International Students of Wuhan University”.
Third， the candidates who have obtained the recommended qualification of Wuhan University shall submit a pre-admission notice issued by Wuhan University and other additional documents at the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System at http://www.campuschina.org/. before April 15, 2022.
List of documents to be submitted during the application
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (to be filled in Chinese or English online)
- Application Form for International Students of Wuhan University (to be filled in Chinese or English online)
- Copy of Passport Home Page. If the validity of the applicant’s current passport does not meet the requirement (meaning the passport expires before September 2022), please apply for a new passport before submitting the application
- Notarized highest diploma(degree certificate). The original notarized copies are issued directly by your school/university or public notary office with an official stamp). Prospective diploma winners must submit an official pre-graduation certificate and an on-school performance certificate issued by their current school. The pre-graduation certificate should prove not only your current student status but also the expected degree certificate and graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations
- Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards). Copies of academic records from the first to last semester during the undergraduate, graduate (if any), and doctoral programs (if any) shall be provided. These transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attending university’s academic affairs office, graduate school, or student management department. They can be in Chinese or English but must be attached with notarized English translations if they are in foreign languages other than English
- Language qualification certificates. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must submit valid HSK reports in accordance with the corresponding Chinese proficiency requirements. Applicants for English-taught programs shall provide relevant language proficiency certificates, like IELTS or TOFEL report
- A study plan proposal. A study plan written in Chinese or English shall contain more than 1,000 characters or words; The content shall include the purpose of study in China, the acknowledgment of China and our university, education experience, study plan, research direction, and future development vision
- Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation (written only in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors shall be submitted. These letters shall describe the applicant’s objectives of learning in China, comprehensive abilities, and evaluation of future growth, as well as the cooperation between the supervisors or the exchange between universities both in China and abroad
- Example of art. To apply for majors related to art or design, applicants could submit their own works through “Example of Art/Other Supporting Documents” in the system.
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China
- A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy shall be kept by the applicant). The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take a physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months. The form can be downloaded from: http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81.Non-Criminal Record report in English or Chinese. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
- An acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University (can be downloaded from http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81, filled in Chinese or English)(if available).
- Other additional documents (e.g. certificate of work or internship, award, publications.
- Kindly NOTE the following while you apply;
- Supporting documents to be uploaded must be clear, authentic, and valid. Applicants are recommended to use a professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear; the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials.
- There is no application fee for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program in at Wuhan University. Please contact Wuhan University directly, Wuhan University does Not entrust any individual or agent for enrollment.
- Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered. Please ensure that an accurate phone number, email address, and mailing address (including postcode, and city name) are provided.
- Applicants do not need to send us hard copies of application documents. Please bring the originals of all the above-mentioned documents when you register. Those who provide a prospective diploma certificate must bring the original official graduation certificate for verification
In addition to the above application document, the university has the right to require the applicant to provide other materials if it is necessary.
For more information and questions on the scholarship, kindly visit the official website via; http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=187