Table of Contents
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at University of California, Berkeley
MasterCard Foundation Scholars at the University of California, Berkeley is not for undergraduate students so anybody intending to apply for this opportunity must have completed an undergraduate program. All master’s degree applicants are advised to first apply to a graduate program before they will be considered for the Mastercard Foundations Scholars Program. All degree programs are eligible for this scholars program. The list of the degree programs offered by this institution that is eligible for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program as well as the eligibility requirements will be listed in this post.
Although MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program does not sponsor undergraduate programs at the University of California, Berkeley there is other scholarships program that supports undergraduate programs. So you can just visit the school website that would be displayed on this page to apply.
MBA students are advised and encouraged to obtain financial aid from Haas Business School by obtaining Haas scholarships, which requires meeting the application deadline.
When considering any program, please keep in mind that it is your motivation for choosing your field, as well as your career goals that will determine if you are eligible for the Scholarship. Please read the “Eligibility Requirements” on this page carefully to see if your goals are in line with those of the Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program.
Haas business scholarships Application Deadline for 2021-2022
- Round 1
- Deadline: September 23, 2021
- Round 2
- Deadline: January 6, 2022
- Round 3
- Deadline: April 7, 2022
Eligibility Requirements for MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at University of California, Berkeley
- All Applicants must be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country – Which is includes Africans who are refugees or displaced within the African continent. This scholarship is not meant for citizens of North African countries. Those with dual citizenship or asylee, refugee, or permanent resident status in the US, Canada, UK, or EU are not eligible as well.
- Having Academic Talent – All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to a University of California Berkeley master’s degree program to be considered for the Scholarship. An important criterion for admission to the University is demonstrated academic excellence.
- Demonstrating Leadership Potential – The Program explores those devoted to improving the skills and mindsets related to transformative leadership, – that which fascinates others in a moral manner to generate positive and lasting change.
- Coming from a socio-economically disadvantaged background – This Scholarship is designed for those extraordinary academically talented individuals who might not otherwise have access to quality further education.
- Having demonstrated the commitment to give back to your community, country, or continent – We are looking for well-rounded students who are engaged in activities beyond the classroom. Some may be directly related to your field of study, but this may also include other issues (social, economic, political) that you are working on and passionate about. Applicants should elaborate on their achievements both in their application to the University of California, Berkeley and then later on the Scholarship application.
- Having expressed the desire and intention to return to your home country after completing your studies – We are looking for students who are engaged with and passionate about issues affecting their communities, and who will take advantage of their education at UC Berkeley to better equip themselves with the knowledge and training to address these issues upon return. While important work can be done from abroad, the intention of this program is to enable Scholars to return home, after forming valuable professional connections through an internship, Academic Training, and job placements.
Which Master’s Degree program is eligible?
- Architecture (M.Arch) – Our priority is the two-year, not three-year program. Contact us
- Art (MFA)
- Business Administration (MBA)*
- City & Regional Planning (MCP)
- Development Practice (MDP)
- Education (DMS, EMST, or MUSE)
- Energy & Resources (ERG)
- Engineering (M.Eng, MS)
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng), various concentrations
- Master of Science Civil and Environmental Engineering (MS)
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (MS)
- Mechanical Engineering (MS)
- Master of Development Engineering (M.DevEng)
- Master of Design (M.Des)
- Folklore (MA)
- Journalism (MJ)
- Information Management & Systems (MIMS)
- Public Health
- Masters of Public Health (MPH), various concentrations
- Masters of Science (MS), Environmental Health Sciences and Epidemiology
- Masters of Arts (MA), Biostatistics
- Public Policy (MPP)
- Social Welfare (MSW)
- Basic Requirements
- a bachelor’s degree or the recognized equivalent from an accredited institution is required
- a satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) on a 4.0 scale or 4.0 on a 5.0 scale
- enough undergraduate training to do graduate work in your chosen field or related skills to do some undergraduate work
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Letters of Recommendation
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation is required. All Applicants should check with their prospective department for questions regarding letters of recommendation
- Application Fee
Application Deadline: December through June depending on the degree program applied for
How do I apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of California, Berkeley
After you have gone through all on this page and you see you are eligible for the scholarship program you can click here to Apply now