Table of Contents
LLM Scholarships 2023
LLM Scholars will be elected for one year of full-time study. The LLM Scholarship application is a separate and distinct application from the application for a place on the postgraduate degree course. Before applying for a Scholarship, you must first apply to the Liverpool University Selection Committee for a scholarship connected to a place at Liverpool University.
The Scholarship award includes full tuition fees for a full-time postgraduate taught degree in law (LLM), and a stipend of £9,135.
To be Eligible
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following requirements;
- Academic excellence.
- Evidence of an interest in legal and public service which may benefit the Liverpool City Region.
- Potential and ambition for future leadership.
- That they are not otherwise able to undertake a postgraduate degree at either institution.
- The Scholarship is available to all prospective Overseas candidates (i.e. non-UK, non-EU) intending to pursue a postgraduate taught degree in law at the University of Liverpool
- Applicants must have completed or be in the final year of completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent degree at a minimum of 2.1 (UK Upper Second) or equivalent standard and have an excellent standard of English.
Other Essential Requirements
The task of identifying the Hodgson Law Scholars who best satisfy the selection criteria shall be made by a Selection Committee at Liverpool University. The following information must be made available to the Selection Committee will help their selections:
- academic transcripts and certificates (including English language qualifications);
- an essay prepared by the applicant (see Application page); and
- appropriate letters of recommendation from referees.
Note; that the University of Liverpool makes its own decisions on admission to postgraduate law degrees and the election to a Hodgson Law Scholarship does not automatically guarantee entry to the University. Accordingly, election to the Hodgson Law Scholarship will not be formally confirmed by the Trustees until the scholar-elect has been accepted by the University law department
How to Apply
- Applicants will need to complete and submit the Hodgson Trust Application form 2023 electronically to the Hodgson Selection Committee by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please direct any inquiries to the Hodgson Liaison, Dr. John Tribe (email@example.com).
- Applications may also be sent by post, to the address provided on the application form.
Read and Follow these 2 procedures CAREFULLY or your eligibility may be compromised.
- Procedure 1: Application for the Scholarship
- a) Request an Application Form which can be found by clicking here
- b) Complete the Application Form and submit the form and ALL additional documents set out in the application procedure
- Procedure 2; application for an LLM place at University
Applicants should apply for, and hold an offer of a place, for a full-time postgraduate taught degree in law (LLM) at the University of Liverpool to be eligible for the Hodgson Law Scholarship.
For more information about a full-time postgraduate taught degree in law (LLM) at the University of Liverpool please go to: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-taught/curses/departments/index.php?department=law