KAIST International Student Scholarship for MS and PhD 2021
The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is now offering fully funded scholarships to international students to study undergrad, master and doctoral degree programs in Korea.
KAIST International Student Scholarship Duration for Graduates
- A 3-year Master’s (MS) degree inclusive of a 1-year language course
- A 4-year Doctoral (Ph.D.) degree inclusive of a 1-year language course
Students obtaining a TOPIK score of 5 or more are exempt from taking the 1-year language course.
KAIST Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Only international graduates can apply for the scholarship.
KAIST Scholarship Coverage
The KAIST Scholarship for MS and Ph.D. provides coverage on the following basis;
- Complete tuition fee waiver: The tuition fee of the student will be waived for 4 semesters (MS) / for 8 semesters (Ph.D.)
- A sum of 350,000 KRW (MS)/400,000 (Ph.D.) per month will be paid to the student as living expenses.
- The student will be provided with free National Health Insurance.
- Research assistants could receive an additional stipend depending upon the circumstances
KAIST International Student Scholarship Application Requirements
The following requirements have to be fulfilled by the student in order to continue to submit an application for KAIST Scholarship this year:
- The student has to maintain a GPA score of over 2.0 out of 4.3 at KAIST
- The GPA requirements at the Seoul campus could be different than those mentioned above
When to apply for KAIST Scholarship?
The period for applying for this scholarship is that same as that of admissions to KAIST, which is May 24, 2021
Candidates can apply online for graduate scholarships here.
CSC-KAIST Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible to receive this scholarship, candidates should fulfill the following criteria;
- At the time of applying for the scholarship, they have to be permanently resident citizens of the People’s republic of China
- They should not currently hold jobs outside of China
- They have to provide an assurance that they will return to China on completion of their course of study.
- They should be in possession of an offer letter from KAIST. The offer letter should be unconditional for which they would have to fulfill all the necessary admission requirements of KAIST, both academic and otherwise.
KAIST-CSC Scholarship procedure to be followed
Ideally, a candidate should apply to KAIST in the early fall admission track that begins in December and applies for this scholarship in the month of March.
The China Scholarship Council will consider candidates applications and provide a living allowance that would include health insurance as prescribed by the Chinese Government from time to time. Besides this, the airfare for a round trip to Korea and visa application fees will also be covered in this scholarship. Additional information can be obtained here.
The Taiwan-KAIST scholarship candidate has to fulfill the following criteria in order to be eligible for this scholarship.
- He/she has to be a R.O.C. citizen, which would normally include the residents of Penghu, Matsu, Taiwan, and Kinmen, including students currently outside Taiwan.
- Only fresh Ph.D. applications to KAIST will be considered for the scholarship. Hence, students already pursuing their Ph.D. at KAIST are not eligible.
This KAIST scholarship provides coverage to the candidate as given below;
- Tuition-free education for all years of course program
- An annual stipend which will not be less than the minimum rate that has been prescribed by KAIST for international students
More information on the scholarship coverage can be found here.
Russian Government Scholarship – Global Education Program (GEP)
Candidates wishing to apply for this KAIST scholarship have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- They have to be Russian Federation citizens and prior to applying for the scholarship they should have got themselves enrolled in an academic program at any one of the foreign educational organizations listed as providing education of a quality that meets the highest international standards.
- They have to commit to returning back to Russia on completion of their course of study and take up employment suited to their qualifications at an organization in Russia for a period of at least 3 years.
This KAIST scholarship provides the following coverage to candidates;
- Tuition fees
- Health insurance
- Food expenses
- Travel expenses
- Living expenses
- Expenses on academic literature
Science without Borders Korea (Ciência sem Fronteiras Coreia)
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, a candidate would have to be a citizen of Brazil and have to apply to a full PhD program at KAIST.
This Science without borders Korea-KAIST scholarship provides for the following;
- Tuition fees
- Living expenditure
- Travel expenses (air fare)
- Health Insurance
More information on the scholarship can be obtained at the Ciência sem Fronteiras website.