Yossi Schiff Memorial Scholarship Fund for Graduate Students
The Yossi Schiff Memorial Scholarship Fund in the United States has a well-structured program aimed at encouraging worldwide understanding and also provides educational opportunities to foreign graduate students (from developing nations) in need through scholarships.
Yossi Schiff Memorial Scholarship for African and Asian students at the University of Michigan to study Social Sciences, Humanities, Medicine, Public Health, Public Policy, Nursing, and Environmental Sciences.
African and Asian students
Field of Study Eligibility
Social sciences, humanities, medicine, public health, public policy, nursing, and environmental sciences are among the disciplines that have been studied.
Number of Scholarship
Value of Scholarship
award of $25,000 will be made
Students from the listed below countries are eligible:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Cote-d’Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Gaza Strip, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, amongst others.
• International graduate students with F-1 or J-1 visas pursuing the following occupations from developing countries (mentioned below) are eligible to apply:
• Nursing, Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, Medicine, Public Health, Public Policy
• To be eligible for the Yossi Schiff Memorial Scholarship, students must have a high academic record and show exceptional academic and professional promise.
Duration of the scholarship
How to Apply
Students must be nominated by their programs to be considered. Concerns about the selection and nomination process should be directed to the student’s program.
The following items must be included in the nomination materials:
• Nominations must be completed and program details must be provided.
• Curriculum vitae (CV)
• Statement of purpose
• Statement of the research
• Two letters of recommendation are required: one from the program chair or faculty/research advisor, and another from a third party.
• Nomination Form for the Yossi Schiff Memorial Scholarship Fund
For more details about the Yossi Schiff Memorial Scholarship Fund, Nomination Form, and application visit the scholarship webpage https://www.rackham.umich.edu/prospective-students/funding/nomination-allocation/yossi-schiff-memorial-scholarship-fund