George and Nancy Axinn International Scholarship Fund- Michigan State University
• Course(s) Offered: International development
• Course Level: Graduate
• Scholarship Facilitator: The George and Nancy Axinn International Scholarship Fund
• Country to Study in the USA
This award was established by Professors George and Nancy Axinn to help graduate students who want to work in international development. International pupils are given priority.
If appropriate people apply, one Axinn Fellow will be selected each year. It is possible to nominate yourself.
New CARRS Ph.D. and M.S. students are eligible (applicants may be nominated either by the student or a faculty member).
All students are encouraged to apply, however, students who have never received an endowed fellowship will be given priority.
Citizens of ALL countries, EXCEPT the USA
Michigan State University, Department of Community, Agriculture, Recreation and Resource Studies (CARRS), United States
Fields of study
Graduate students have the option of designing their program of study in terms of the four focal areas listed below, which represent the CSUS faculty’s teaching, research, and outreach interests.
Food and Agricultural Systems in Communities
Civic Engagement and Education
Environment and Natural Resources
Systems of Recreation and Tourism
The total number of prizes
One (1) Axinn Fellowship will be awarded each year, assuming that appropriate candidates apply.
Benefits of Scholarships
Graduate students who want to work in international development can apply for this scholarship.
Every spring, the CARRS Department celebrates the graduate student(s) who best exemplifies the spirit of George and Nancy’s worldwide development work.
The following items should be included in the application packet:
Completed application form (pdf) http://www.canr.msu.edu/csus/graduate/graduate-fellowship/AxxinFellowAppForm.pdf
• Letter of application or essay (justifying your qualifications as related to the purpose and intent of the scholarship; your academic and professional goals).
• Transcripts have been updated (can be photocopied; for new MSU applicants, we can use transcripts in your MSU application file).
• Resumé has been updated.
• The student’s advisor’s letter of support expresses support for the application and highlights the student’s qualifications and eligibility for this fellowship.
• Another letter of reference, this time addressing the student’s qualifications and suitability for the fellowship. References from professors are preferred.
To Apply for the Axinn Fellowship:
SUBMIT YOUR COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE TO THE CARRS GRADUATE SECRETARY BY DECEMBER 1, 2012.
Davis, Diane (STAFF)
480 Wilson Road Room 131 Natural Resources Building, East Lansing, MI 48824
Phone: (517) 432-0275
December 1st of every year