WAEC Agriculture Theory questions and Answers 2020
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) SSCE Agricultural Science objective and theory paper will be written on Wednesday, 19th August, 2020.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE 2020 WAEC AGRICULTURE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS,
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO SEE THE MAIN WAEC AGRICULTURE 2020 CONFIRMED ANSWERS
WAEC Agric Questions and Answers 2020:
PAPER 2 [Essay]
Answer any four questions.
Write your answers on the answer booklet provided.
1. (a) Differentiate between land ownership by leasehold and land ownership by freehold.
(b) Mention five ways in which non-governmental organizations contribute to agricultural development in West Africa.
(c) State four ways in which rural-urban migration has hindered agricultural development in West Africa.
(d) Mention three socio-economic uses of land.
(e) Explain two ways by which each of the following environmental factors affect agricultural production: i. soil organisms; ii. soil texture.
ANS: (a) Leasehold involves the payment of fees for land used over a stated period of time under
agreed specified conditions WHILE freehold is the outright purchase of land (permanent ownership)
(c) Ways in which rural-urban migration has hindered agricultural development in West
– Shortage/ scarcity of farm labour
– Causes high cost of farm labour
– Poor quality of labour in rural areas resulting in low productivity
– Decrease in food production/food insecurity
– Decrease in export
– Inadequate supply of raw materials to agro industries
– Poor adoption of agricultural innovation due to ageing farming population.
CHECK: MATHS WAEC QUESTION 2020
2. (a) (i) Distinguish between straight fertilizers and compound fertilizers.
(ii) Give four examples of inorganic fertilizers.
(b) List three biotic and three climatic factors that influence agricultural production in West Africa.
(c) State four ways by which the carbon cycle is important in agriculture.