OWWA Scholarships 2022 Program
This OWWA Scholarships 2022 Scheme is open again. It is open to dependents of active OWWA members. Those who are already enrolled. Or will enroll in any four-year or five-year baccalaureate course in any university.
Any dependent of an OFW who is an active member of OWWA may apply. Also, the OWWA scholarship program is to take effect in the academic year 2022.
Additionally, it’s created to provide education and training assistance to OFWs and their dependents.
The WSF Team has arranged every detail you need. Also, please note. Please take advantage of this opportunity. This might be all you need for a career boost.
Types of OWWA Scholarships 2022 Grants
There are two types of scholarship grants offered by OWWA. They are:
OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (OFWDSP)
This is one type of OWWA Scholarships 2022. Also, please note. Also, this program can be availed by OFW dependents (siblings or children).
Especially those planning to enroll in a state college or university of their choice. Or are already enrolled in any degree course in a state college or university of their choice.
Also, it’s for those whose OFW relative earns a monthly salary of NOT more than USD 400 in equivalent.
If granted, the recipient of the scholarship will receive P20,000 in total. This is for one whole academic year. Also, they can use it for covering their school tuition. Or other academic-related fees.
Education for Development Scholarship Program (EFDSP)
This is one type of OWWA Scholarships 2020. The program is open to all OFW dependents. Those who are planning to enroll. Or are already enrolled.
This is in any 4- or 5-year degree course in their university of choice. Also, the recipient will be entitled to a total of P60,000 per academic year.
Updates on OWWA Scholarships 2021
Below are some of the updates about this scholarship. To be eligible for the OWWA Scholarships 2022:
- You are in good health. And with good moral character.
- Also, must have an average grade of at least 80%. And must belong to the upper 20% of the graduating class.
- Additionally, you must not be above 21 years of age.
- And must have not previously taken the OWWA scholarship qualification exams.
- Also, you must have passed the entrance exam given by your choice of school to enroll in.
- Additionally, you must be a Filipino citizen.
- Furthermore, must be part of the upper 20% of the graduating class. For an incoming freshman in college.
- Also, must not be under any other scholarship programs/grants.
- And, please note. You must be the only dependent of the OFW receiving this particular type of scholarship from OWWA.
- Also, must be a child of a married OWWA member. Or brother/sister of an unmarried OWWA member.
Please note. Applicants should also pass the test administered by the Department of Science and Technology-Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) in October.
OWWA Scholarships 2022 Application Process
Below are the guidelines on how to apply:
You will need to prepare the following required documents to proceed:
- 2 copies of the completely filled-out application form.
- Also, 2 pcs of recent 2×2 ID photos.
- Any document to validate proof of relationship to the OWWA member. Like:
- For children of OW: NSO birth certificate
- Siblings of OFW: NSO birth certificates of both the applicant and the OFW
- For OFWs who are not married: Certificate of No Marriage
- Also, proof of OWWA membership of OFW. That is the official receipt of OWWA contribution. Or a copy of the OWWA verification sheet.
- Additionally, form 137 for incoming college freshmen. Or the official transcript of records (TOR)/Grade Certificate. This is for those already enrolled in college.
- Furthermore, medical certification/clearance. This should come with proof of physical fitness (Form 2A).
- Also, Certificate of Good Moral Character (Form 2B).
- And, 2 copies of the school principal’s certification of the student’s academic distinction. This is to prove that the applicant belongs to the upper 20% of the class (Form 2C).
- Also, a written statement of the parent(s). This is to specify that the applicant has never taken the OWWA qualifying exams. Also, that applicant has not gained substantial unit(s) in any degree course. And that the applicant does not benefit from any existing scholarship grant at the time of application (Form 2D).
- Additionally, a written statement comes from the applicant. This is to specify that he/she has neither applied for resident/immigrant status in other countries. Nor hold a dual citizen status, assigned and authorized by his/her parents (Form 2E).
Please note this. You can begin the application by following this LINK.