John and Abigail Adams Scholarship 2020
The John and Abigail Adams Scholarship is a scholarship program being offered by the Massachusetts Education ministry in the united state of america
It is offered in honor of the late first lady of the United States of America, Lady Abigail Adams, who was the wife of President John Adams.
Abigail served as an unofficial adviser to her husband, the president, and severally their letters show him seeking her counsel on many issues, including his presidential aspirations.
Lady Adams remained a supportive spouse and confidante after her husband became the president in 1797. She also had her son John Quincy become the president years after her husband died.
This scholarship program, the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship 2020 is a merit based scholarship program provided to undergraduate national students to help them go through their study without many financial hurdles through their school days
Basically, It provides credit toward tuition for up to eight semesters (that is four years) of undergraduate education at a Massachusetts state college or university.
The purpose of the award is primarily to:
- Reward and inspire student achievement;
- Help attract more high-performing students to Massachusetts public higher education, and ultimately
- Provide families of college-bound students with financial assistance.
Level and Field of Study:
The Abigail Adams scholarship award is usually an undergraduate level scholarship open to bachelor’s degree students. Particularly, every field of study is specified for the Abigail Adams Scholarship.
The John and Abigail Adams Scholarship is usually taken and hosted in the Commonwealth international of Massachusetts; the most populous state in the northeastern United States of america.
If a student must apply for the Abigail Adams scholarship award, he or she must be a United States Citizen or a non-citizen who has been authorized by the federal government to live and work in the United States on a temporary or permanent basis.
The student who wishes to apply for Abigail Adams scholarship program must meet the following requirements:
The student must:
- Score in the Advanced category on one of three high school state assessment tests in English Language Arts, Mathematics, or STE (Biology, Chemistry, Introductory Physics or Technology/Engineering)
- Score in the Proficient or Advanced category on the remaining two high school state assessment tests
- Have a combined MCAS score on these assessments that ranks in the top 25% in their school district.
Winners of the John and Abigail Adams scholarship program are eligible for an award of a merit based credit toward tuition.
Each individual winner of the John and Abigail Adams scholarship gets an award at the University of Massachusetts which shall be valued at $1,714 at Amherst, $1,714 at Boston, $1,417 at Dartmouth, and $1,454 at Lowell.
Please Note: The John and Abigail Adams scholarship program covers tuition only; other fees like boarding and books are not included.
How to Apply
There is actually no application process for the Abigail Adams Scholarship program. Students that are eligible for the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship funding will be notified in the fall of their senior year in high school via award letters.
be enrolled full-time at a public higher education institution;
maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on all college work; and
annually complete the FAFSA.
No application deadline is specified for the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship funding program and could probably be ongoing throughout the year.
- International Graduate Scholarship in Canada
- University of the People Online Tuition Free Degrees
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- Scholarships and Grants for National and International students
- Cambridge International Scholarship
- pfms scholarships 2020