Table of Contents
How To Open an HTML File
Understanding, the usage and how HTML works goes a long way and is a bit technical. We make use of HTML code, in most of our online daily activities.
The usage of HTML is versatile, it can be used to make email communication professional, convert web pages into word documents, and create HTML signatures.
If you are a starter and don’t have much knowledge or work with HTML before, you might find this confusing, however, let’s start from scratch about what HTML is, and how to open an HTML file.
What Is An HTML File
An HTML file is a programming language, used to design and give a proper structure to a webpage. HTML Makes use of text and references to other files or videos.
HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language and can be opened or edited with any simple text editor. However, before you can view the end result of an HTML file, you need to use a browser.
Google Chrome browser is one of the best, you can use to open an HTML file, as the browser recognizes any file with an HTML extension.
How To Open An HTML File In Chrome
There are numerous ways you can use to open an HTML file in Chrome, and we shall take our time to expound on them all.
Use Open With Command
- Firstly, you are to locate the HTML file, you want to work on. Double-click or right-click on the file. Select the open with Varieties of options will be displayed, and you will have to choose the one you want to use.
- Among the list of options that will be displayed to you. Select the Google Chrome app
- However, if Google Chrome is already your default browser, all you need to do is double-click on the HTML file, and it will be automatically opened in the Google Chrome browser. For convenience, you can set the Chrome browser as your default browser.
- Check the chrome bar address.
To ensure you aren’t working on the wrong file, check the extension of the file to see if it tallies with where you picked it from.
Open File From Within Chrome.
Are you on the Chrome browser already, and there is a need for you to open an HTML file? You can open the HTML file, without leaving the Chrome browser. Kindly follow these steps.
- Go to your Chrome browser option, and click on the file—Right-click on the open file option.
- This will take you to your file storage. Navigate to where your HTML file is being saved, and right-click on it.
- This will automatically open the file in a different tab
- However, a simple shortcut to accomplish this task with your keyboard is by using this keyboard command Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (Mac) + O. This will automatically take you to the open file option.
Drag and Drop files In Chrome
A simple and quick way to open your HTML file is by dragging and dropping it in Chrome. Chrome will automatically understand the task to be performed and open the file.
How To View The HTML Source
In case you want to do more than just view the HTML file, chrome gives you an option to view the HTML source.
There are tons of options to do this, but the simplest to do this is by opening the file in a new tab on Chrome. Right-click on it, and choose the view page source.
How To Open HTML Files with Your Smartphone
You can as well open an HTML file, with your Android phone, locate the file, on your Android device, long-press it, a list of options will be displayed, and select Chrome as the preferred app to view the HTML file.