Table of Contents
Heiwa Nakajima Foundation scholarship
Undergraduate Scholarship Programme
Heiwa Nakajima Foundation is inviting foreign students to apply for the undergraduate scholarship program to study the Japanese language in Japan for a period of one year for an undergraduate program in accordance with an inter-university exchange agreement.
This program was set up to provide a stable and successive environment to international or foreign students majoring in Japanese language studies from a specific foreign university with the opportunity to study in Japan. In taking this opportunity, these students will be able to improve their language skills and enhance their understanding of Japan, thus contributing to the development of Japanese language education overseas.
The scholarship will award the following benefits to the scholarship
- Monthly stipend of ¥100,000 to be awarded for a duration of 1 year or 12 months
- Preparation and travel expenses which the amount to be determined by the Foundation
- In principle, scholarships (monthly stipends) shall be paid once every three months via bank transfer to the account in Japan which is under the scholarship student’s name.
- Preparation and travel expenses shall be paid via bank transfer after the scholarship student arrives in Japan.
- This scholarship cannot be received together with any other scholarships.
To be Eligible
Applicants must meet the following requirements to apply for the scholarship program;
- Applicants must be undergraduate students majoring in Japanese language studies as a compulsory subject, enrolled at a designated foreign university (as stipulated by the Heiwa Nakajima Foundation), and recommended by their university.
- Applicants must study in Japan for a period of one year in accordance with an inter-university exchange agreement.
- Applicants must begin their overseas studies in Japan between April 2013 and October 2013.
- Applicants must maintain their enrollment as undergraduate students at their home universities throughout their studies in Japan.
- The applicant’s status of residence must be “college student”.
- Students who have studied at a Japanese university for more than six months are not eligible.
- Students who have a bachelor’s degree of any kind are not eligible.
- Students who have previously received a scholarship from the Foundation are not eligible.
How to Apply
The scholarships offered to foreign students by the Heiwa Nakajima Foundation are divided into the following two categories. Both scholarships are provided through recommendations by universities and cannot be applied for by private individuals. The Foundation also does not send application requirements or scholarship application forms to private individuals.
Foreign Scholarship Students
- These scholarships are available to foreign students enrolled at a Japanese university.
- Applications are invited from September to October every year for the following academic year.
- Application requirements and scholarship application forms are sent to universities throughout Japan at the end of August. Please ask the person in charge of scholarships at a Japanese university.
Invited Foreign Scholarship Students
- These scholarships are available to students enrolled in a department of the Foundation’s designated foreign university in which Japanese is a compulsory subject.
- Application requirements and scholarship application forms are only sent to designated foreign universities.
- All applications for this scholarship will close on the 11th of October 2022.
Here is a list of guidelines to help during the application
- To request a PDF file of the Application Form,
- An e-mail must be sent to the Office of International Affairs via; email@example.com
- The Deadline to request the application PDF file is October 7 by 15:00 (E-mail received after the deadline will not be replied to)
- Your main title should be: “Request for Heiwa Nakajima Scholarship Application Form/ applicant’s name”
- Please be sure to write your name and student ID number in the mail.
- Mail will be replied to within 3 days with the attached file.
- The application must be done in Japanese only.
For more information on the scholarship, visit the website; https://www.adm.kanazawa-u.ac.jp/ie/e/abroad/scholarship.html