Table of Contents
Google Lime Scholarship for Students with Disabilities to Study in USA or Canada
For the 2023 academic year, the Google Lime Scholarship grants candidates $10,000 USD (for those studying in the United States) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada). In the summer, they will also be invited to the Google Scholars’ Retreat.
The following requirements must be met in order to apply for the Google Lime Scholarship. As a result, the applicant must:
1. a current undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral student at a university in the United States or Canada; and
2. In the 2022 academic year, continue current studies or plan to enroll in or be accepted as a full-time student in a new program at a university in Canada or the United States of America.
3. Pursuing a degree in computer science or computer engineering, or a closely related technical discipline (such as software engineering, or electrical engineering with a significant computer science course load)
Maintaining a high academic standing
A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or believes they have, a long-term or recurring issue that affects one or more major activities that others might consider daily functions); this definition also includes the perception that a disability exists among others. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, thus people with all disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Demonstrate leadership and dedication to and enthusiasm for computer science and technology.
Unfortunately, previous Google Lime Scholars will not be considered.
How to Apply for Google Lime Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, you must strictly adhere to the following steps:
1. To begin your application, click on https://www.limeconnect.com/programs/page/google-lime-scholarship/index.html.
2. Then launch your application by logging in or joining the Lime Network.
3. After that, you send the appropriate documents along with your completed application form, which includes information about your schooling, contact information, and work experience.
Your scholarship application will be jeopardized if any of these documents are missing:
1. Unofficial transcripts and a current résumé are required.
2. This is your chance to show us your enthusiasm for computer science through four essays.
3. One letter of recommendation from a professor, adviser, or supervisor (references’ names and email addresses must be submitted before the application deadline; letters of recommendation are due one week later).
Deadline for Google Lime Scholarship
The Google Lime scholarship application will close on December 5th each year.