Table of Contents
Czech Technical University (CTU) Grants for Study Abroad
To support student mobility, the rector of CTU in Prague has announced the establishment of a fund for special purposes for students going to study abroad (double degree, or obtaining a degree under dual supervision) and students going abroad for other activities in the interest of CTU (among others as part of the Athens program). The special purpose fund has been divided into three categories, the Master’s program, the doctorate program, and a program for students going abroad to study.
Why you should study at Czech Technical University (CTU)
Czech Technical University (CTU) in Prague is one of the largest universities in the Czech Republic with 8 faculties and is one of the oldest institutes of technology in Central Europe. It is also the oldest non-military technical university in Europe.
At CTU there are three levels of Programme to study. They offer three or four-year bachelor programs, leading to a bachelor’s degree, and one-and-a-half-year or two-year master programs, leading to a master’s degree. The last study program is the doctoral study program which lasts three or four years and leads to a Ph.D. degree.
Here are some qualities that are available at CTU, It is a member of the EuroTeQ consortium of prestigious technical universities. During their studies, CTU students can travel abroad to study, do research or participate in events at prestigious foreign universities. CTU has agreements with more than 300 partner universities and institutions. CTU teaches future engineers to think logically and creatively. A degree awarded by CTU means something and is a mark of quality.
They have state-of-the-art laboratories in which students take classes or can work on their final projects. Technical studies are not just for boys but for both genders. Dormitory accommodation is offered for foreign students, always within a campus where there is a student canteen. Well-motivated and hard-working students can apply for a scholarship for meritorious study results and for special purposes and special events.
And now to top it all, Prague is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, with interesting architecture and rich history. The main CTU campus, on which most of the faculties are located, is not far from the city center, 15 minutes on foot from Prague Castle and from the spectacular Lesser Quarter district, which lies between the castle and the river. The main university campus is within walking distance of several university dormitories, and the other dormitories can be reached within 30 minutes on city public transport.
Master’s degree Scholarship Programme at CTU for International Students
As stated above, the rector of CTU in Prague has publicly announced a scholarship system for international students planning to study for the Master’s degree program. The scholarship system has been set up to support students’ mobility.
The scholarship is available to foreign students who would like to take a Master‘s degree program at CTU and who display qualities that entitle them to the award of this scholarship.
- The scholarship is an award to be contributed towards the cost of a stay in the Czech Republic up to 10,000 CZK per month. And this is the purpose, of the CTU Rector establishing a scholarship fund for foreign students in master’s degree programs.
- A scholarship is normally awarded to an individual student for a period of 1 to 2 semesters. In the event of excellent study results, it can be extended until the time corresponding to the standard length of the Master‘s degree program.
Application details and Eligibility Criteria
- Applications for CTU scholarships are open and given to foreign students on an ongoing basis by the CTU Department of International Relations Rector.
- Application is to be submitted through the online form which is readily available on the CTU Rector website. The application should include:
- A notarized copy of the bachelor’s degree and transcripts
- A CTU department recommendation for admission.
- I’ll decisions on the awarding of a scholarship are made by the vice-rector on the basis of a recommendation by the commission of vice-deans for international relations.
- If a foreign student has passed all the prescribed accredited courses for the first year of a Master‘s degree program within the recommended time plan, they may apply for an extension of the scholarship. If the prescribed accredited courses for the first year of the Master’s degree program have not been passed, the entitlement to apply for an extension of the scholarship lapses.
- Entitlement to a scholarship can also elapse during the study program, after the first semester, if the student does not fulfill the study requirements set by the study and examination regulations.
- A student who is awarded a CTU scholarship is subject to the study and examination regulations for studying in Master‘s degree programs. They enrolled as a foreign student in the relevant department.
Doctorate degree Scholarship Programme at CTU
The rector of CTU in Prague has announced scholarship systems for international doctoral students to support International Collaboration in the field of education and scientific research.
The scholarship is available to international doctoral students who are capable of doing scientific work and studying in a doctoral program in English at CTU in Prague, and who display qualities that entitle them to the award of this scholarship.
- The scholarship award is said to cover the basic scholarship awarded to students of doctoral study programs and living costs in an amount up to CzK 8,000 per month. The scholarship is financed equally from the scholarship fund of the CTU rectorate and the scholarship fund of the relevant department or part of the university.
- According to the statement of the Rector no. 8/2001 of 12 November 2001 on charges to International students carrying out studies in a foreign language, the dean of the relevant department may reduce or cancel altogether the tuition fee that a foreign doctoral student would have to pay.
- The scholarship is awarded to an individual student for a period of 6-12 months. In the event of excellent work results, it can be extended until the maximum time corresponding to the standard length of the study program.
Application details and Eligibility Criteria
- Applications for CTU scholarships are administered to foreign students on an ongoing basis by the CTU Department of International Relations Rector. The application is submitted on the form which is available on the CTU Rector website. The application should include:
- Professional Curriculum Vitae,
- A list of publications,
- The name and workplace of supervisors,
- Individual study plan discussed with the supervisor of the workplace and expected professional results of the stay,
- A recommendation from the department, which is also an obligation for the payment of the relevant part of the scholarship according to point 2.
- Decisions on the awarding of a scholarship are made by the vice-rector on the basis of a recommendation by a commission of vice-deans for international relations.
- One of the outcomes of the study stay of foreign doctoral students must be results published in an internationally reviewed journal or an application submitted for an international grant. A copy of the submitted publication or grant application is submitted as an attachment to a brief final report on the study stay, which is elaborated on by the receiving workplace and submitted to the Science and Research Department of the relevant department (or part of the university) not later than three months after the completion of the study stay.
- A doctoral student who is awarded a CTU scholarship is subject to the study and examination regulations for studying in doctoral degree programs. The individual study plan, in accordance with Art. 30 point 1 in the regulations, is binding and forms part of the scholarship application process.
CTU scholarship for students departing to study abroad or participate in any other activities abroad in the interest of CTU
The rector of CTU in Prague has announced a system to award grants to students who wish to study abroad or participate in any other activities abroad all in the name and interest of CTU. The grant is awarded as a support for student mobility.
The funds earmarked for the support of student mobility are designed for students of the Czech Technical University in Prague who are departing on a short-term study abroad or represent CTU in international professional student competitions and sports competitions. In justified cases, the allowance may be granted for long-term study visits. The grant may be used to cover the costs of transportation, accommodation, and meals for the student while abroad.
The award or allowance of extra funding is a maximum of 80% of the total estimated cost not exceeding CZK 18,000 per event. At least 20% of the total estimated costs must be funded from other sources (department, grant, sponsor, personal resources).
Application details and Eligibility criteria
- A request for extra funds may be made by a full-time student at CTU. For a group of students, the request is to be submitted by the teacher leading the group.
- The request is to be submitted on a form that contains information about the applicant, the purpose and justification for the request, foreign contacts and the estimated total cost. The application is to be submitted through the International Relations office and include the comments of the Vice-Dean in charge of student affairs or possibly the vice-dean for international relations.
- Decisions on the awarding of extra funds are made by the vice-rector on the basis of a recommendation by a commission of vice-deans for international relations.
- Applications to the CTU Department of International Relations Rector may be administered on an ongoing basis.
- The decision on the extra funding includes the amount granted and the conditions for its use.
- Upon completion of a trip abroad, the student is required to prepare a travel report.
- Students may apply for extra funds once per academic year.
For more information on the CTU scholarship and to begin your application, visit the official website at; https://fel.cvut.cz/en/admissions/scholarship