British Council Future Journalists Scholarships
Are you the future of journalism? Apply for the British Council Future News Worldwide 2019.
The Future News Worldwide identifies, trains and connects the next generation of global journalists.
It is a partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organisations.
The programme centres around a two-day conference in London, with English as the working language.
The conference offers aspiring young journalists opportunities to develop practical and editorial skills and hear directly from some of the world’s most high-profile industry leaders, with a mixture of talks, interactive panel sessions, workshops and hands-on experiences.
After the conference, delegates will be part of a year-round global alumni network, helping them to engage with one another, implement their learning and continue their professional development.
The conference is free for successful applicants and travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
Future News Worldwide 2019 will take place on 16 and 17 July at Reuters UK headquarters in Canary Wharf, London.
If you’re a student or a recent graduate who’s passionate about journalism then you can apply! Whether you’re a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2019 as long as you meet the eligibility requirements below:
- Be aged 18-25 on 1 July 2019
- Be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution OR have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2017
- Be a native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- Not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS before
- Be dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- Be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 13-18 July 2019.Applicants based in Thailand
The application process is different for students based in Thailand.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and visit www.facebook.com/FutureJournalistAward.FJA for information on how to apply.
Deadline: March 21, 2019
For more information and application details, see;British Council Future Journalists Scholarship