WAEC GCE PHYSICS QUESTIONS 2020
Here is waec gce physics questions 2020, all you have to is share to your friends and good luck.
NOTE THIS IS A SAMPLE QUESTION, REAL QUESTIONS WILL BE SKIPPED, BUT REAL ANSWERS WILL BE POSTED IN THIS PHYSICS ANSWER 2020 Page, click the link
1) State the dimensions of the following physical quantities
2) A projectile is launched with a velocity of 42ms-1 at an angle of 30o to the horizontal. If the time of flight is 4.2 s, calculate the maximum attainable height. [g = 10 ms-2]
3) Explain why mercury does not wet glass while water does
4) Explain the following terms
(a) Tensile stress;
(b) Young’s modulus
5) An electron of charge 1.60 x 10-19C is accelerated under a potential difference of 1.0 x 105V. Calculate the energy of the electron in joules.
6). Give three observations in support of de Broglie’s assumption that moving particles behave like waves.
7(a)i) Explain relative motion
ii) Two cars moving in opposite directions on the same straight road with velocities 80kmh-1 and 60kmh-1 respectively pass each other at a point. Determine the velocity of the first car relative to the second car.
(b)i) Define force.
ii) Classify the following forces as either contact forces or field forces: push; tension; gravitational force; electrostatic force; reaction and magnetic force.
(c)A body starts from rest and travels in a straight line 2 s with uniform acceleration of 1 ms-2. It then travels at a constant speed for sometime before coming to rest with a uniform retardation of 2 ms-2. The total distance covered by it is 15m.
(i) Draw and label a velocity-time graph for the motion.
(ii) Calculate the:
(α) Velocity attained at the end of 2 s;
(β) Total time taken for the journey
AREA OF CONC.
Fundamental and derived quantities
Temperature and Heat
Simple harmonic motion