University of Helsinki Scholarship
The University of Helsinki is Finland’s largest and oldest academic institution and an innovative centre of science and thinking. Their research and education set global benchmarks, and they believe that the search for new knowledge and boundary-breaking research can lead to solutions that have a real, global impact on the future.
Their strategic plan currently emphasises four research themes: well-being for humans and the environment, a humane and fair world, a sustainable future for the planet, and the possibility that limitless curiosity opens up a universe of ideas and opportunities.
They believe passionately that with the power of knowledge, they can change attitudes, people and society for the world and they work together for a fairer, healthier and more secure world.
At the University of Helsinki, a scholarship opportunity is open to outstanding students that are not citizens of EU/EAA and Switzerland and wish to complete their Master’s Programme at the University.
Each degree programme may award scholarships covering either 50% of the tuition fee or 100% of the tuition fee.
Finland Scholarship or 100 % waivers include:
- Student Union (HYY) membership fee
- Student meal discounts in Unicafe restaurants
- Reductions in public transport
- Unisport services at low prices.
- Free or highly affordable healthcare services by the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS)
To be Eligible
Applicants should note the following requirements before going ahead to applying for the scholarship;
- You must be eligible for the Master’s Programme at the University of Helsinki
- You must be responsible for tuition fees; citizens of non-EU/EEA countries who do not have permanent residence status in the EU/EEA are to be responsible for the tuition fee
- You must meet the requirements for obtaining an entry Visa and residence permit in Finland.
- You must have obtained excellent results in your previous academic studies and must have proof during the application
The scholarships for new students will be awarded on the basis of academic overall assessment:
- Previous academic performance and
- possible letters of motivation
- In addition, grounds presented by applicants in their grant applications will be taken into consideration.
- Also, University’s and programmes’ strategic goals can be taken into account
How to Apply
Follow the instructions below to apply for the scholarship;
- Find the Master’s programme you want to apply to through the Master’s programmes page
- See the instructions on how to apply to the Master’s programme and prepare the necessary attachments on the scholarship website (link below)
- Apply for a scholarship with the same application form used to apply to the Master’s programme.
- Submit all the required attachments. You may not apply for a scholarship from a specific category, but you can give this as additional information as part of your scholarship application.
If you would like to begin your application process as well as get more information on the University of Helsinki Scholarship, kindly visit the official website via; https://www.helsinki.fi/en/admissions-and-education/apply-bachelors-and-masters-programmes/tuition-fees-and-scholarship-programme