Table of Contents
TIPS TO GET A GOOD COVER LETTER FOR YOUR CV
A good cover letter attached to your resume may be a hindrance to why you haven’t secured a good international job. I will provide tips and samples for writing good cover letters and resumes going forward
First impressions are important. While CVs give employers the facts about your career and education, cover letters are a way to expand on these facts and convey personality. If you’re not hearing back from recruiters, the letters accompanying your resume may need a little more work. Not sure how to write an engaging letter? These tips will put you on the right track:
TIPS TO GET A GOOD COVER LETTER:
• Remember the goal: Which is to land an interview. Stick to one page and only include relevant information that outlines your suitability for the job.
• Don’t repeat, expand: There’s no need to recap your CV. Your cover letter is about giving prospective employers more details and context.
• Customise: Cover letters are a way to set yourself apart. Generic copy-and-paste applications are rarely considered.
• Focus on the employer: Take time to understand the role and demonstrate how your background and skills address the needs of the organization.
• Use plain language: Cover letters should be easy to read, so pay attention to wording, formatting, font, and text size. Don’t forget to proofread.