IPS Scholarship 2020
Intelligent Product Solutions (IPS) will provide scholarship support for an undergraduate student in the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences entering their junior year majoring in mechanical or electrical engineering expressing an interest in pursuing a career in a fast-paced consulting firm. The scholarship award may extend to senior year, pending continued scholarship eligibility.
Eligible students must demonstrate high academic achievement of a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average and have demonstrated financial needs as determined by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services. The recipient of this scholarship award will be awarded $2,500 payable in two payments of $1,250 per semester for their junior year. Funding of the award may continue through their senior year contingent upon meeting continued scholarship eligibility.
To qualify for the IPS Scholarship, interested students must:
A. Be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student in the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences for the full academic year (BOTH the fall and the spring semesters)
B. Be a mechanical or electrical engineering major entering their junior year
C. Demonstrate high academic achievement with a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average
D. Have demonstrated financial need (as determined by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services)
Preference will be given to a female student from the New York Metropolitan area
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
1. A completed application form
2. A one-page statement addressing: academics, work, research or extracurricular projects that show a career interest in a fast-paced consulting firm in the field of mechanical or electrical engineering, and how this scholarship may make a difference in your education.
3. A resume
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognised tertiary institution
- Proof of English proficiency by IELTS or TOEFL
(for applicants whose Bachelor’s degrees are obtained from an institution
where the medium of instruction is NOT English)
- Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an online interview
- An outstanding applicant for one of our 8 full-time postgraduate programmes from countries/ regions outside Mainland China, Macau and Hong Kong
- A future leader who is determined to make a positive impact on the business community and the wider world
- Committed to take part in HKBU’s internationalisation projects and activities during the study period
- Submit your application online to one of the 8 masters programmes listed above. Competition increases as the year progresses, so we recommend starting your application early.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of HK$450
- No individual application for the IPS is required (all eligible applicants will automatically be considered for the IPS, and shortlisted candidates may be invited for an online interview.)
- September 2019 (tentative) – Start of application
- February to May 2020 – Application deadline (different deadlines applicable to different programmes, please check individual programme pages for up to date information.)
- November 2019 to May 2020 – Candidates contacted for admission and IPS interview
- May 2020 – Offer of admission
- June 2020 – Student visa application
- Late August 2020 – Programme orientations
- September 2020 – Start of 1st semester