Farm Credit Scholarship 2022
Farm Credit Mid-America recently announced the launching of the new College Leaders Scholarship Program for the year 2021. This is a two-year program offering a total of $5,000 in scholarship funds directly to the college/university where the student is enrolled.
Each year will include a track of leadership development opportunities with both Farm Credit Mid-America staff, external partners, and nationally recognized leadership development resources. Track 1 is scheduled for July 10-14, 2017.
Track One: Competent, Confident You introduces College Leaders to Farm Credit Mid-America and focuses on developing individual skills including presentation boot camp, self-awareness workshops, networking events, and connecting quickly with others.
Track Two: Financial Savvy emphasizes Track 1 concepts and dives deeper into money and lending basics, customer networking, and a learning experience on Wall Street in New York City.
- Must be pursuing a four-year agriculture-related degree or transferring to a four-year agriculture-related degree program within the next year.
- Must be attending a college or university within our four-state territory (Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, and Ohio).
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Guidelines for Renewals
- Farm Credit West (FCW) provides financial services to farmers and ranchers in portions of California, Arizona, and Nevada. We are part of the Farm Credit System – the largest provider of credit to American agriculture. FCW’s Board and management are committed to promoting higher education and its role in agriculture’s future.
- Each school year FCW awards $1,500 scholarships based on the criteria in the “REQUIREMENTS” section below.
- Scholarships are annually renewable for a total of four scholarships (including the initial award). Renewals are only accepted based on the scholar’s qualifying enrollment and continuing academic excellence.
- FCW reserves the right to discontinue this program at any time.
- Renewal applicants will be informed of any award by August 15, 2021.
- Applicants must be an FCW customer’s dependent (as defined by the IRS), an FCW customer, or an FCW customer’s spouse. (“customer” is defined as being a Farm Credit West stockholder.)
- Applicants must exhibit academic excellence as demonstrated by the scholar’s most recent academic record in junior college, or college. (Minimum G.P.A. of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.) This assessment requires the submission of an official transcript at the time of application.
- Applicants must be a current full-time student at a junior or four-year college (“Full-time” = 24-semester units per year or 36 quarter units per year.)
- Applicants must be working towards a major related to agriculture (e.g., crop science, animal science, ag economics, ag education, agribusiness, international agriculture, ornamental agriculture, food science, soil science, dairy science, agricultural engineering, nutrition, fruit science, viticulture, enology, etc.).
- Submit the following renewal application information to one of the addresses below.
- Renewal applications are due to FCW by July 1, 2022.
Renewal applications are due to FCW by July 1, 2022.
2021 Scholarship Renewal Application
Email Signed/Scanned Applications and Transcripts to: email@example.com