Table of Contents
How To Register For NIN
NIN stands for National identification number. How to register for NIN is what many battles with, many don’t know the requirement, and many don’t know how to go about registration. In this article, we shall give you a detailed guide, on how to register for NIN.
NIN contains 11 digits number, it is assigned to an individual after a successful registration. NIN is important because there is virtually any important registration you can do without it, be it in the bank, school, for traveling purposes, and so on.
NIN Registration Requirements
Any of the below ID cards will be required for your registration
- Government ID card
- Valid immigration document
- WAEC ID card
- Driver’s License
- Nigeria international passport
- Birth certificate
- NHIS ID card
- Certificate of origin
- Voters card (be it permanent or temporary)
- Valid immigration card
- Attestation letter from a political office holder of the ruler
- Tax clearance certificate
- Old national ID card
- School ID card (private/public)
NIN Registration Steps
You can enroll for the NIN at any NIN center closest to you. However, due to the large volume of people, that request registration daily, you can first do your online registration at https://penrol.nimc.gov.ng/ print out the Barcode registration slip then proceed to the closest center to you to complete your registration.
- Walk to the nearest NIN center closest to you, and request registration.
- You will be verified if you haven’t done the registration before.
- You will be given a form to fill out, which will require all your details.
- You will be required to present a valid means of identification.
- Your passport photograph will be collected, and an official of NIN shall input all your details on a computer.
- You will be given a temporary NIN ID card.
- The national E-ID card will be issued to the applicant within 12 months of enrollment.
- For ages 16 and below, you are required to be accompanied by your parent to the NIN center
- Age 16 and below, won’t be issued the E-ID card.