Table of Contents
Frank Lanza Memorial Scholarship in Nursing & Emergency Medical Service
The Frank Lanza Memorial Scholarships honor students enrolled in regionally authorized community college programs in registered nursing, respiratory care, or emergency medical services who have excelled academically and as leaders.
National and international students participating in regionally authorized community college programs in the United States are eligible for scholarships.
By June 2013, applicants must have completed half of their required coursework toward an associate degree. (Applications are not accepted by certificate students.)
Available Scholarship: There are a total of 20 scholarships available.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
• Applicants do not have to be Phi Theta Kappa members to apply.
• Candidates must have completed at least 50% of course work in a regionally approved community college’s associate degree registered to nurse, respiratory care, or emergency medical services program by June 2013. Students who are chosen as Frank Lanza Scholars must present verification.
• Applicants must show proof of attendance in a minimum of six semester hours in an associate degree in registered nursing, respiratory care, or emergency medical services program at a regionally accredited community college for the fall 2013 semester.
• International students, part-time students, and full-time students are all able to apply.
• Students who have earned an associate’s, bachelor’s, or master’s degree in the past are eligible to apply.
• Students in pre-majors and certificate programs are not eligible to apply.
• The Institutional Certification and Eligibility Form must be completed by the director of the program in which the applicant is enrolled (registered nursing, respiratory care, or emergency medical services) by the application deadline. If you do not submit this form, your application will be incomplete.
• At the time of application, applicants must have a minimum 3.00 cumulative grade point average out of a potential 4.0 on all coursework, with no unfinished courses.
• The student must be a permanent or temporary resident of the nation in which the community college is located, or have a visa that the institution deems appropriate.
• There must be no suspension, probation, or other disciplinary action on the applicant’s record.
• The applicant’s criminal record must be clean, or if he or she is a convicted felon, he or she must have completed all sentencing restrictions, including probation.
All scholarships will be paid out in one lump sum after confirmation of the recipient’s enrollment in a minimum of six semester hours in a qualifying degree program at a regionally accredited community institution.
What exactly does it include?
In 2022, up to 20 $2,500 scholarships will be granted, for a total of $50,000 in scholarships.
How to Apply
Complete and submit an online Spring Common Application by April 30 at 5:00 p.m. CDT.
Fax or email submissions are not permitted.
Even if submitted before the deadline, partial items will be declared ineligible.
Visit the scholarship website https://www.ptk.org/?q=become-a-member/scholarships/lanza&destination=node/28729
Open from February 27 to April 30.