Table of Contents
NRC – International NGO HR & Admin Technical Assistant Jobs in Nigeria
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to the plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Specific responsibilities
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of program intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
Ensure proper and systematic filing of all personnel files.
Support the recruitment process by collecting applications, longlisting, scheduling examination, administering tests, and conducting interviews.
coordinating appointments and background/reference checks, and communicating benefit information.
Maintaining a database of field office recruitments.
induction of new staff, schedule briefings with relevant departments, and assist in email address requests for new staff.
Preparation of contracts for both casual workers and full-time workers.
Management of employee records on NRC People at the field level.
Issuance of stock requests to relevant departments and updating and sharing the stock report on a monthly basis.
Ensure that office and guest house supplies are requested in and timely distributed.
Preparing and circulating the Minutes from all staff meetings.
Supervising the cleaner/cook.
Any other task assigned by the Line Manager.
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience working as
a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
• Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
• Some knowledge of English.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
Good university degree from a reputable university.
Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
Fluency in English both written and verbal.
High-level competence in computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications)