ABIA STATE SCHOLARSHIP 2022
The Abia State Scholarship was created to encourage students especially those in information technology and science-based courses with limited resources that will enable and support students pursuing their academic dreams. The Scholarship is sponsored by the Abia State Government through the State’s Bursary.
The chairman of the board, Ambassador Kanu informed the state that the school fees will be reduced by 50 percent for each of the qualified candidates while the Universities would take the financial responsibility of the remaining percentage. A minimum of 100 candidates would enjoy this privilege from the scholarship program yearly., Professor Sam Agu, Dr.(Mrs.) Achama Malik Egbuta and Dr. (Mrs.) Nnenna Anyanwu who are board members announced that the courses to be considered will be more Information Technology and Science-based which would bring growth and development to the state.
Under listed courses to be considered for the scholarship:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Science
- Business Administration
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science/ Computer Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies/ Surveying
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials/ Metallurgical Engineering
- Human Medicine/ Pharmacy/ Dentistry
- Petroleum Engineering
- System Engineering
Courses must be done in the following institutions: Abia State University, Michael Opara University of Agriculture, Gregory University Uturu, College of Health Sciences
- The applicant must an indigene of Abia State.
- Certificate of Origin
- Applicants must have at least five (5) credits in the O’ level result.
- First School Living Certificate (FSLC).
- The candidate must be a full-time 100 level degree student of the above-mentioned institution.
- Applicants are all expected to have a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
- Statement of Result containing your CGPA.
HOW TO APPLY
- Go to https://abiastate.gov.ng/scholarships-board/ and click.
- The scholarship form should be downloaded directly from the state website.
- Provide all details asked in the form correctly.
- Attach the necessary documents
- Ensure to submit the filled form and the attached documents to the Abia State Scholarship Board office.
Note: Complete application form in BLOCK LETTER.